PAIN ISN'T THE WORD!!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PAIN ISN'T THE WORD!!

Postby kazisedso » Tue May 21, 2013 1:22 pm

:cry: :cry: Hello Everyone
Not feeling good at all today :cry: :cry:
Have had a good couple of days prior to today and made the fatal mistake of trying to catch up on things, plus, went and bought a trailer tent, which needed a bit of TLC, cleaning, bed's stripping, awning window's cleaning..... :nono: :nono: you get the picture.

Anyway me being me and feeling ok, had a go at doing it, but oh boy am i paying for it now :shock: :shock:

Now i know why so many people on here put that they feel like they have been run over by a bus!
I really desperately wanted to help get the trailer tent ready to go away next week and thought, i could do it, but i am in the worse pain i have ever had.Have tried so hard to ignore it and will it to go away and carry on, but now, i have hit a great big massive brick wall of pain, stiffness and aches, and i just simply cannot physically carry on.

Stiffness, cramps, aching, burning sensation :cry: i am a crying wreck and have set myself back now i don't know how long this is going to take to subside.
I am resting now but cannot get comfortable due to the pain.
Sorry everyone but this is my only release writing in here.
i feel completely and utterly useless.... cannot perform the most basic of tasks without ending up in pain :-|
Karen
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Re: PAIN ISN'T THE WORD!!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue May 21, 2013 2:01 pm

Karen, you're not alone in doing this :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: No matter how long your membership of the club is, you'll still do some of the daft things that you know you shouldn't really have done, overdoing things is one of the most frequent ones :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Try to take things as easily as you can for the next few days, if there is any room for manoeuvre in dosage of any painkillers etc you are taking, consider increasing them for the short term to help you with this flare (speak to your GP about doing this if necessary). You could also try putting something like a hottie bottie or heated wheaty bags on areas that are particularly affected, or soaking in a warm bath to try and ease things. And try not to be too hard on yourself about this, dwelling on what has already happened will only add to how you're feeling.

Hopefully, as it gets closer to the weekend, things will have eased up for you and you can enjoy going away in it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby sallyasmo » Tue May 21, 2013 2:12 pm

ahhhhh Karen, i do exactly the same as you! You aren't the only one, don't worry! When i try and carry on my life in a "normal" way i suffer so much it's unbelievable. I usually take a few days off and totally rest, eventually i do come out of it. If possible, rest completely until you go away or you won't enjoy it when you do. Hope you feel better soon :-)
Sally x
sallyasmo
UKFM Newbie

Postby yummyhunnybunny » Tue May 21, 2013 4:07 pm

I think it must be something to do with the condition we feel driven to catch up on everything as soon as we feel a little better...I know I do it and I should know better after having Fibro for 26 years! With me its got to be done even though I know it has'nt ..... we're daft are'nt we? The only thing is, it will take time now to get back to what we call normal!! I hope the pain subsides soon.... Just look forward, and think happy thoughts :-D about the holidays you're going to have in that trailer tent.....J.x.
yummyhunnybunny
UKFM Member

Postby pkd1272 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:03 pm

I really hope you can rest and get better for your holiday. I do exactly the same thing and then always hate myself after when I am in uncontrollable pain. Its so tempting just to push that little bit too far every time. I keep hoping that I will learn one day but doubt it very much.
pkd1272
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue May 21, 2013 5:33 pm

:hugs: we are all guilty of doing to much, you need to pace yourself and rest up now.
Try not to stress as this will make you worse, learn to listen to your body, if you need a rest then have a rest. :hugs:

Have you tried a tens machine? that might help with your pain. Hot baths, hot water bottles. Keep up with your pain killers and hopefully you will get your pain back under control.

Hope you have a lovely break away. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby kazisedso » Tue May 21, 2013 6:38 pm

Thanks everyone for the replies :-)

I know it's my own fault, i kind of like knew yesterday whilst i was cleaning the trailer tent that i would suffer.......
i just didn't realise how much :shock:

have rested a little this afternoon, but have had to go out with hubby. The ride has left my knees in complete pain , burning and aching.
i just needed to get home asap so i could stretch my legs out. They are still throbbing but i have got some wheat bags and will be using them this evening to try and ease the pain and stiffness. you now the feeling.... can't sit down... can't stand up, lying down doesn't help so you end up stuck and trying to get comfortable... :cry:

Thanks for the well wishes for the holiday but it is on hold at the moment.... there is just too much to do and i am going to be off my feet for a while..... you can just tell, can't you?! And hubby bless him is already run off his feet caring for me.. trying to run the house... so really there is no spare time to sort out for the hols......going to rest up and go out for the day when i feel better.

We just need to try and get the kids to understand what's going on with me.....
I have got 3 boy's at home 17, 11 and 10 and they really do not understand what FM does to me.
Have tried to have a good chat with them, and they are old enough to understand but they think mum will be ok soon and everything will go back to normal.... mum chasing round after them and picking up after them, they are lazy so and so's and their dad has a go at them to help more , but they just don't listen or pick up after themselves, which causes arguments between their dad and them, and here i am stuck in the middle trying to calm everything down as i just cannot handle confrontations, arguments or stress of any kind... knocks me clean off my feet :( :( :( :( .

picture the family having a meeting around the table talking to them about Fm and that's us.
We have tried to explain that some days mum will feel ok... but some days mum will be so tired and exhausted with the aches and pains , that yes, i will have to stay in bed..... water off a ducks back :roll:
Don't know what to do to help them realise what this is and how it can severely affect me. :cry:

Anyway.... once again thank you for taking the time out to read and reply, i really do appreciate it.
off to rest some more with some lovely warm wheat bags on my knees to try and help the pain.
:chicken-dance: ( i wish i could do this lol!!!)
Karen
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Postby Foz » Tue May 21, 2013 7:39 pm

Hi Karen

I also have 2 boys aged 14 and 12. I have talked to my eldest and he understands very well about not arguing, confrontations and keeping himself and belongings tidy. My husband is a tidy fanatic, so the boys have been brought up to put things back when they finish. This seems to be a god send in disguise. both boys will hoover or empty dishwasher when I ask only because I can't do it. My younger boy knows that I am not well but doesn't quite understand how, but when I have to spend the day in bed or on the sofa, they just leave me to it. when we have a busy schedule coming up we make plans so that I don't over do it. its hard work all the extra planning and when you having fun its hard to stop and go home. very few members of my family know about this but my boys and OH who have to put up with me daily are who need to know most. :sleep:
Foz
Foz
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue May 21, 2013 8:18 pm

Karen.......I can agree with everything that has been said. Taking the good days and enjoying them instead of catching up has to be the hardest thing for us to learn.

Karen, maybe once the boys see that things like holidays have to be put on hold because all was not done will make them realize that you can't be wonder woman any longer and they will do their bit. You have to stop doing for everyone on your good days so they learn. They won't pitch in if everything is done for them. Set some rules and jobs needed.

Oh how easy it is for me to preach .........Do as I say and not as I do.....LOL
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby kazisedso » Tue May 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Whoami,
i know what you mean, i think i am my own worst enemy.
i have 5 children altogether with two beautiful granddaughters to boot.
my son in law has been tonight and said he could see how poorly i looked and for the first time i admitted that i am not able to do certain things anymore, we all sat around the table whilst eating dinner that my hubby had cooked and tried to explain again to the youngest 2 boys.
The 11 yr old is a sensitive boy and i think he does understand... but sometimes forgets, but this is new to us all.
Th 10 yr old..... well...... talk about being horizontal!! far too laid back and really doesn't give two hoots about anything. he is a little so n so and the worst offender for not tidying up after himself.... have tried to say to them both if they would just pick up after themselves and put things back then 3/4's of the battle is won.
Before i got really bad i even went on strike, and refused to do anything for them all..... DIDN'T WORK!! :roll: :roll: :yikes: :yikes:
They do know how poorly i get and changes will be made for a couple of days or so, but then it all goes to pot :(

Have tried to tell them that we really do have to make the house and garden as low maintenance as possible so as when i do get a flare up( poorly to them)Dad has to give extra care to me and so they need to help with the chores and their room etc... it's just not sinking in for them at the moment... but it is a big adjustment for us all.
Will we get there in the end??? who knows but royal mail does..... eventually!!!! sorry couldn't resist, no offence intended to anyone working for the royal mail :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Wed May 22, 2013 10:07 am

Hi kaz

I'm another one who tends to do too much on a good day, I guess my guilt complex takes over and while I feel up to it I usually do it and suffer later lol.

I am much better than I used to be at pacing but it has taken me a while for it to sink in, and I still overdo it when I shouldn't sometimes.

I hope you feel better soon and can plan your holiday - it's something to look forward to. I don't have kids yet so I'm afraid I can't offer you any sort of advice there so I'm sending you lots of :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby julia1red » Sat May 25, 2013 6:30 pm

Know how you feel I'm two weeks in a flare due to over doing it I still can't get my head round it all, I've been in tears from the pain I still can't believe fibromyalgia can be so awful, I have been told more than once fibromyalgia is just a name given to hypochondriac s I started to believe it, well what load of rubbish the next person who tells me that are going to get a mouthful no one wants this quality of life it has changed my life more than I could have imagined, x everyone on here are excellent I would be lost without this forum, x
julia1red
UKFM Member

Postby mililly » Sat May 25, 2013 7:23 pm

I can agree with all of that. Im on the verge after 3 months of hell with being diagnosed with fybromyalgia. Its horrendous. Never felt pain like it in my life. Mine has affected my legs hips knees shoulders and arms. Ive had various painkillers and now have 50mg fentanyl patches which only take the edge off. Want to back to work but not sure whether i'll manage. Every day to day task is affected so how anyone can say we are hypocindiacs is beyond belief...
mililly
UKFM Member

Postby Otter65 » Sun May 26, 2013 4:58 pm

Hi this is my first post so this is all new to me, ive been reading all the comments and it's nice not to feel that i'm alone :-)
Somedays I just feel like noone understands the struggle it is just to get out of bed and try to live a normal life for the kids :scream-1:
I try to keep the housekeeping up together but I seem to be fighting a looseing battle which I am finding very hard to cope with not being able to do all the things I used to.
I'm very lucky that work have let me reduce my hours but I got very upset when I wasn't considered for promotion, just as I think I they thought I wouldn't be able to cope with the extra pressure :!:

I wish I could just be given a magic pill and the pain would go away as the hardest thing im finding to come to terms with is that this THING is life long so no light at the end of the tunnel :needhug:

Sarah
Otter65
UKFM Member

Postby pkd1272 » Thu May 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi Sarah I hope that you are feeling better than when you posted. It is such a hard thing to deal with. After 3 years of pain my consultant confirmed FMS 3 weeks ago. I'm still struggling to accept it and the fact that it is for life. I'm trying to do one day at a time but it is so frustrating not to be able to do what you want when.

Don't put pressure on yourself about the housework, it will always be there the next day.

Everyone on here understands how you feel so its always good to 'talk' on here.

Take care, big hugs xxx :-P :-P
pkd1272
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia