bladder

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

bladder

Postby painprincess1 » Wed May 22, 2013 1:27 pm

ive had over active bladder for a good few years and mine was stress . its been better for a long time now i had every test none to man and everything fine there ,apart from infections all the time. but what i want to ask is do any of u find u pee alot have one cup of tea and pee six

can i just say any of u suffering from OAB cut out all salt its a a pain as u must read every lable but it does work after 2 weeks i was off the pills.so no salt dont mean only what u put on your dinner but salt in anything, its on of the worse things in the world so i hope it helps some of u xxxxxxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: bladder

Postby kazza65 » Wed May 22, 2013 1:41 pm

hi pain princess

Funny you should bring the subjecy up about bladders. I get the urge to go pee but when i get there nothing happenings and i can be sat there ages and ages.. If i force my self to pee i will pee for england..

I have mentioned this to the pain consultant and he says urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i think you will have to ask your G.P to refer you to somebody the deals with bladder movements..

I came home and thought to my self do i need any more tests ..

i'm sick of them prodding and poking me got to have 1, MRI for my spine and then another on my ears because i've gone deaf in one hear.....

Sorry to change subject but i was also wondering if anybody else suffers with there bladder movemnts
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby lolo73 » Wed May 22, 2013 2:09 pm

I notice if I am constipated I have trouble peeing. I think my bowel must push on my bladder x
lolo73
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed May 22, 2013 2:25 pm

I have the bladder from hell!

1st surgery...bladder repair, no meds helped with dribble and urge

2nd surgery.....repair cystocele again, as well as rectocele and vag repair. Split open and had nurses come to myhome to pack incision. It has to heal
From inside out...took one year to close

3rd surgery.....incision from 2nd incision started bleeding internally, I had a total debridement then on day three split open again and another year with nurses.

4th surgery....place a tape in to hold up bladder, also had another complete vag repair. Opened up but was not as large a split so didn't take a year this time, LOL

5th surgery.....removal of tape. 4 and a half hours to remove, split open, staph and psuedamonous infection, caused severe probllems that I am still dealing with....law suit....opened again, only six months.

I now have original problem as well as the issues caused by the tape.........thank heavens for poise and tena, LOL!
If you have questions on bladder surgery go ahead and ask...I think they have done it all
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby fibro-lu » Wed May 22, 2013 3:07 pm

incontinent at night :roll:
never gave birth, so nothing comes out when I sneeze :-D
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby ruth2013 » Wed May 22, 2013 3:27 pm

Hello,

I too have the pee issue, my doctor has put it down to my water tablets, or the Fibro.

Another thing to live with.

Cheers
ruth
ruth2013
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Wed May 22, 2013 4:29 pm

Had lot of problems with leaking ,laugh jump cough sneeze, had a T V T done never looked back , :-D I know it had some bad press and some women had real serious problems with it ,I had it done about 4 years ago no more pantie liners or tena lady :-D I must have been one of the lucky ones or had a good surgeon
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed May 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Kitten....I am so glad things worked out for you. I have a wonderful surgeon. He figures because of all the surgery I have had for many things in that region everything is completely shot.
The tape worked for the leaking but I couldn't stand it. It felt like a toothbrush rubbing on raw tissue. The Dr said that is exactly what it feels like a toothbrush. I could feel the edges of it. I couldn't sit without it feeling like a scrub brush inside me. When I walked I felt it move. Internal pain is an issue now that it is removed...no relations. I have no feeling in one side of my pelvis and pain in my groin and leg.
The sad thing was it stopped the incontinence and it came back when removed.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby JessL » Wed May 22, 2013 8:10 pm

I have an overactive bladder - I actually did some 'bladder retraining' which really helped, but then got an infection and seemed to take it back to square 1. I ended up going back to the doctor about it who sent me for some more tests at the hospital. The doctor there has put me on some long term antibiotics as apparently it could be a low lying bacteria that causes bladder infections which isnt always picked up on tests, and another tablet which helps to relax the bladder. I have to say, after 3 weeks on these I feel so much better! I am now not always scouting around for the nearest loo whenever I go out, or having to go 'just in case' before I leave the house. I am only on both of these for 3 months, so remains to be seen what happens when I come off, but I am keeping positive it will hopefully change!
JessL
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Thu May 23, 2013 4:10 pm

Whomai What a shame that this small op did not work for you , don't feel as if there is any tape anywhere I had a total hysterectomy in my early 30 due to endometriosis that along with the T V T I had done was probably the best decision I have made
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu May 23, 2013 6:59 pm

You should go to see your gp if you are having bladder problems as i was having problems hanging on to my urine.

I went to see my gp he said i had stress incontinent, there are meds you can take and pelvic floor exercises can help.

When my symptoms did not go away i was sent to a gyne where i was found to have a prolapsed bladder and bowel and needed an operation so you should always get check out.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby whoami » Fri May 24, 2013 12:44 am

Kitten..... The putting in of the tape is quite a simple procedure. I had a total vaginal repair at the same time. It was just another surgery to me, i have been in ORoom well over 25 times.

The removal however....4 1/2. Hours. I had a hematoma the size and colour of an egg plant. Three nights later when the ambulance came to take me back in they said they had never seen the like.

I strongly recommend anyone having bladder issues to see your Dr or gynecologist sooner rather than later. It can be fixed with medication, excercise or a simple operation for a lift (with a few stitches). Not all in fact few have the responce I did.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby kitten » Fri May 24, 2013 2:16 pm

Oh dear whoami

You certainly have been the through the mill and back I hope you don't have to have any more surgery any time soon :yikes:

I certainly think that I was among the lucky ones who was able to have the TVT done with just 4 stitches each side to hold the tape permanently , and I count my self lucky that I have not had any trouble with it I know that there are some ladies who have

take care xx
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Sat May 25, 2013 2:54 am

Thanks Kitten........nothing scheduled yet , LOL. I laugh now in a way because whenever I go to the Dr's now it seems they find something.
I now don't go unless I really feel that something is really wrong. I only see the GP now about twice a year for the fibro....nothing is going to change and meds are helping. Not as much as I would like but tollerable.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby kitten » Sat May 25, 2013 1:07 pm

I feel so sorry for you whoami , know it wont help much but will send you gentle hugs :hugs: :hugs: xx
kitten
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia