Fibro and pregnancy - can't cope

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Fibro and pregnancy - can't cope

Postby stodgers » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:46 pm

I think if u can manage without then brilliant go for it and in the early stages I was nowhere near as reliant on it but once the pain got so bad it was going to be detrimental to my well being and mental health to just manage. My consultant always.says if I'm not happy and struggling then that in itself poses potential risks for baby. The only risks I have found associated with the use of co-codamol has been focused on during delivery where there are small risks of breathing problems. I am actually now trying to cut down on them for this reason but again consultant isn't worried and my pain is at its worst unfortunately where baby has dropped and I can barely walk!

Like I say if u can manage without then that is obviously the better option but I don't think ppl should suffer unnecessarily x
stodgers
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:57 pm

stodgers wrote:Like I say if u can manage without then that is obviously the better option but I don't think ppl should suffer unnecessarily x

Completely agree Stodgers. So far I've managed to cope on 3 less a day and though it has been tough, after the first few days my body has gotten used to it and I don't feel too bad so fingers crossed this continues. My GP did say if I really struggled then to go back and that I had other options but personally I wanted to give it a go first. If I find things getting too much at least I know there are options out there. It just goes to show that not everything you read or hear is absolutely true is it? And again I think it comes down to your own personal preferences as there is no right or wrong here.

I also agree that a mother's well being can affect an unborn baby and it is so important to look after yourself as well as your baby.

Good Luck with cutting down, I have everything crossed for your labour and look forward to hearing about your new arrival. I'm so so so broody now lol.

xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby BuzzyB » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:58 am

Stodgers, funny you should mention being under a consultant as the midwife I saw yesterday declared that she thinks I should have been under consultant care this whole time :dunno: So she's trying to get me referred to one now but I have no idea if it would/will make any difference. Congratulations on reaching 38 weeks without going totally insane!

I'll go off on a slight tangent now, nice to get away from the topic of pain occasionally. Have you thought much about how you'll be carrying baby once it's born? I'm looking at slings etc for days I don't want to take pram out and I can't even speculate on which one would be easiest with fibro. I think I'll have to go into shops with a melon and start testing out the balance on them all!

LouLou, you know I'm going to end up wanting to keep checking for when you get pregnant!
Bluffy the Fibro Sleeper
BuzzyB
UKFM Member

Postby stodgers » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:55 pm

I think u need to be under consultant but not sure it'll make much difference at this stage!

I have already got a carrier that I was given which I will try but haven't really given it much thought really. I doubt it will be very often that I would use anything like that tbh I never did with my first she was either in her pram or car seat.
stodgers
UKFM Member

Postby BuzzyB » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:57 pm

I did think surely they're not going to be able to do much for these last few weeks. Although I suppose at least if I get referred to one now they might think of doing it right from the start if I ever decide to have another baby.

Fair enough. The city I live in really isn't ideal for getting anything with wheels around so a carrier seems sensible here but it seems like something that might be pretty incompatible with fibro. Oh well, I guess it'll be an experiment.
Bluffy the Fibro Sleeper
BuzzyB
UKFM Member

Postby stodgers » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:54 pm

I think a sling or wrap could be the way forward then :-) Trying them out is a good idea like u say but maybe wait until baby is here.

If I don't come on again before then good luck with it all :-)
stodgers
UKFM Member

Postby BuzzyB » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Hopefully I'll find somewhere I can try a bunch of them out with baby once he's here.

Good luck to you too :-D
Bluffy the Fibro Sleeper
BuzzyB
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:51 am

Stodgers and Buzzy

Good Luck with your impending births I have you both in my thoughts and I hope everything goes very smoothly for you. Can't wait to hear all about your newborns when they arrive.

Buzzy, I'll be shouting from the rooftops when it happens for me so I'm sure you'll hear me lol

Take care both of you

xxxx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:58 am

You will most certainly not be shouting from any roof Lou Lou. You will have an army of Clucky fibro friends making sure your two feet are firmly on the ground!
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia