handbags!!!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

handbags!!!

Postby ouchiemama » Mon May 27, 2013 12:57 pm

Ok so anyone else have a problem with handbags??

If its a hand held my arm/wrist seizes up from being in same position, if its an over the shoulder, shoulders are seriously aching after 5 mins!! :pull-hair:

Whats the solution?!?!? I love...ok well used to love bags & have lots of different ones for different outfits etc!! Am I not going to be able to carry a bag now?? Will I have to get a pull along trolley thing???

Anyone else get this??

Thanks in advance guys.xx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Re: handbags!!!

Postby moomoos » Mon May 27, 2013 1:00 pm

Backpack/Rucksack... thats what I use... I have a lovely Anna Smith one with really colourful owls print x
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby latmaz » Mon May 27, 2013 1:08 pm

you are not alone!!!

i use an across body bag so the weight isnt on my shoulder. u can find ones with long adjustable handles that u can wear like that . or like moomoos i use a rucksack
latmaz
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 27, 2013 1:12 pm

I find a cross~body bag the best to use. It means I can have both hands free, and can change it round to go across the other way if things become too uncomfortable. I also make sure I only have the necessities in it rather than putting stuff in "just in case" and to make this easier to stick to, tend to have a bag size that will take just what I need rather than a larger one that I could just keep throwing stuff into.

I tried a backpack but found it aggravated my neck and back :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby fibrobilly » Mon May 27, 2013 1:25 pm

Just a little humor if your handbag weighs as much as my Wife's does, you will need one of those pull along shoping baskets. :-D :-D :-D
Take care
FibroBilly
fibrobilly
UKFM Member

Postby ouchiemama » Mon May 27, 2013 1:31 pm

Thanks guys.

Its an over the body I use but its hurting so much & I cant use it the other way its uncomfortable & wont stay on that shoulder! So annoying!!

I dont have much in it but will try reduce it further, smaller purse maybe..

Rucksacks hurt my neck aswell...

Arggghhhhhh!! Such a normal daily thing, carrying a bag...who would have thought it could hurt so much!! So frustrating!!

Thanks for ideas though :-D xx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Mon May 27, 2013 1:35 pm

I use same as Fluppy too, at moment i'm using me owl bag tho which is a rucksack type. xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 27, 2013 1:58 pm

I've seen that Anna Smith owl design Moomoos, it's :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Mon May 27, 2013 2:28 pm

I only put what i need in my handbag so its light.
Have you thought about trying a bumbag? that might be easier for you as it will be around you waist.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby ouchiemama » Mon May 27, 2013 3:07 pm

Thanks guys :-D

I think a bumbag might be the way forward...but ugh not exactly fashionable...i mite start a new trend though! lol.

No offence to anyone that uses one btw :oops:

Im kinda new to this am still in denial I think..but slowly realising Im gonna have to go more for comfort than fashion...heels have been given up already but looks like thats just the start unless i wanna be in even more pain!! :cry:

xx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Mon May 27, 2013 3:24 pm

cross-body with wide strap
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby Alityke » Mon May 27, 2013 4:02 pm

I got a lightweight synthetic leather shopper for work but outside work I use a small cross body faux leather bag. My breakthrough was learning to take the minimum of items with me and getting a small synthetic purse which is lightweight. Pockets are a great too. Cargo pants make carrying in pockets secure too.

Say goodbye to the kitchen sink, taking all your make up with you, 100ml of fragrance and deoderant.

We don't need all that cagmag. Just a lippy, a small atomiser of fragrance and a purse. May be a tissue or two too.

Men manage, so can we
Alityke
UKFM Member

Postby annablack » Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

I just use a small cross-body one with what I absolutely need in it. Phone, fags, keys, purse and lighter only!! All the essentials lol!
annablack
UKFM Member

Postby lolo73 » Mon May 27, 2013 7:19 pm

I was only just thinking about this the other day, my bag is starting to get too much of me, but I have all sorts in there including a big matching, empty of money purse and a can of deodorant. I will need to look at across the body bags I think, my husband will kill me if I buy yet another bag though x
lolo73
UKFM Member

Postby scoke » Tue May 28, 2013 9:38 am

i've recently bought a bag with two fairly long handles that fit neatly around my arm so can sit on my shoulder, the bag is quite big - tall - so that, once it's on my shoulder i can put my lower arm under it, hand in pocket, and support it so it takes the weight off. I can't hold straps for long, can't bear weight from a long over the shoulder strap and across the body ones make me feel stifled and restricted. i had a rucksack style but it just ended up being hung off one shoulder as i couldn't manouevre it onto both arms. It was the way i ended up carrying that that gave me the idea for this - much the best solution for me when I need a bag. Best is roomy pockets, bum bags are no good for me - hate anything round my waist - always hurts!
scoke
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia