side of face ....sore

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

side of face ....sore

Postby mand » Mon May 27, 2013 10:22 pm

At the moment, ive a hormonal headache (lasts as long as monthlies), today under eye cheekbone leading to ear, skin very sore to touch and so painful feels so bruised and also painful eye ball, feels sore and different..........nothing showing........anybody suffer, i dont know if hormonal or somthing else, am i mad :crazy: my scalp is tender at the moment but thats a fibro thing,,, well off for meds im getting fed up and cranky.......many thanks m
mand
UKFM Member

Re: side of face ....sore

Postby difly » Mon May 27, 2013 10:39 pm

Hi the side of face symptons you describe are so familar with me ive been suffering with face pain for about two years ive been for mri on my head to rule out tri neuralgia still avin on going tests i am convinced symptons relate to fibro but but dr not sure bhope you get some answers and things improve D x
difly
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon May 27, 2013 10:44 pm

I get alot of facial pain due to the TMJ I also have sinus problems with rhinitas and the post nasal drip and hayfever :roll: this combination doesnt help matters.

I would see your GP to rule out any other conditions like TMJ/sinuses and neuralgia before its put down to fibro.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Alityke » Tue May 28, 2013 12:23 pm

An easy test for trigeminal neuralgia pain is to touch the affected area softly. Then touch the affected area firmly. Which hurts?
Alityke
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Tue May 28, 2013 2:11 pm

I have this and was told it's part due to Myofascial pain syndrome at the moment I am having physio for it , all last week I had earache
but it felt like it was deep inside my ear I also had eye pain not very pleasant :roll: :roll:
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Tue May 28, 2013 2:11 pm

Hi Mand

The only time I've had something like this was when I had really bad sinus problems a few years ago. My eyes would swell up, look really puffy and sore to the touch. My forehead was the same too.

Eventually got sorted by the GP for my sinuses and so far it hasn't returned.

If this is something new to you like Lisa said, a trip to the Gp just to double check. Although a lot of what we feel and get can be FM related it sometimes isn't and it's always worth getting it checked.

I used those Cool patches you could get to put on my forhead when it was really bad for me and they helped a lot. Can't remember the actual name of them though sorry - hope you know what I mean lol. I also put ice cubes in a face towel and help them over my eyes for a few minutes to ease the swelling.

Good Luck
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby mand » Wed May 29, 2013 11:06 pm

Hi many thanks for replies, parts of face still sore pain most uncomfortable on slight touch or brush of skin... when pressed pain not as bad :shock: weird eh, will mention it to doc next time i visit. Im in the process of choosing new glasses but will mention to optitan as eyes seem a little cloudy....im hoping it's the prescription change..............again many thanks M
mand
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia