In pain and feeling down and frustrated

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

In pain and feeling down and frustrated

Postby Picklepudding » Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 pm

So, it was a lovely bank holiday Monday. We took the kids to the zoo and had a lovely day...I fell asleep in the car on the way home which should have warned me and now I'm in agony. My hip is so so painful. I just cannot get my head around being told that there is no physical cause for this pain. It feels like its right in my hip/pelvis bone. I can hardly walk. I feel like an OAP or a cripple. But yet I feel like I'm being told that this pain is all in my head. Is this my life from now on? I can't even enjoy a day out with my kids without suffering for it. I'm 37 and a day at the zoo leaves me hobbling round like an invalid. I just can't bear the thought of living the rest of my life like this.
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Re: In pain and feeling down and frustrated

Postby lolo73 » Mon May 27, 2013 10:51 pm

Pinkle I am sorry you are so poorly. There is a physical cause for you pain, although that is not an injury or arthritis etc. I know your frustration, I am 39 and I have had FMS symptoms for 15 yrs. I guess it is about planning around your day, things like not falling asleep in the car, having a few quiet days either side of a big day out. Have a look at the spoons theory post on here, basically is says we only have so much energy and we need to choose what to spend it on rather than try and have everything. Once you get your head around this you will find it easier to balance your energy x
lolo73
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon May 27, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi,

Just read your post and apart from the usual flare up which is a result of over doing things i see you have Psoriasis (on signiture) i know that in some people with this condition they also have arthritis its called Psoriatic arthritis.

I know some one with this and they have it in there hips.

Have you ever been tested for it? It was just a thought. I do know fibro can effect the hips but just wanted to mention this as a long shot.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby lolo73 » Mon May 27, 2013 11:27 pm

Lisa you are right, my sister has PA x
lolo73
UKFM Member

Postby Picklepudding » Wed May 29, 2013 5:36 pm

I had loads of blood tests and a couple of X-rays so I assume that PA would have shown up in those. The rheumy did mention the possibility of PA during my first appointment so I again assume he would have done any blood tests necessary to rule that out xxx
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia