Morton's Neuroma

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Morton's Neuroma

Postby kitten » Tue May 28, 2013 3:31 pm

Has any one heard of this ( Mortons Neuroma) for a while now I have had pains in the forefront on my foot yesterday it was quite painful to walk on , and when I went to bed the weight of the duvet even hurt the front of my foot needless to say it was a restless night I have just had a look on google and it keeps coming up with this condition
kitten
UKFM Member

Re: Morton's Neuroma

Postby whoami » Tue May 28, 2013 4:15 pm

Kitten.........yes I have suffered from this condition. Have your Dr have a look to make sure this is what it is.

Is it painful all the time, in the same place?

Do you feel anything in the area or is it only quite painful.?

A nueroma can be very uncomfortable, I hope your Dr can help if it is a nueroma
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue May 28, 2013 4:22 pm

Hi
No sorry i have never heard of it before.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Fine » Tue May 28, 2013 4:26 pm

Yes I have had it and so has my son. It's when the nerves are pinching. You need to wear wider and flatter shoes to give your feet lots of space to move. Both of ours got better, but I believe there is an operation to remove the nerve if it gets worse. Try changing shoes first. :-D
Fine
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Tue May 28, 2013 4:39 pm

The nerves, easiest way to explain is kind of tangle up into a small tumor like thing. Not a true tumor. I could feel the ball if I pushed from the top or bottom of my foot.

I have had two surgeries for it. Once to remove it and the other to remove some that grew back. I have no feeling in that area of my foot. The incisions have left the toes to be a bit wider apart now.

Funny you mention this. I am having some issues with that foot lately. That foot is swelling quite bad in the area and very painful. I think arthritis has set in there. The bones were broke for some reason during surgery.

I have had two other surgeries on the same foot so it only makes sense. Have it checked.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby tiny229 » Tue May 28, 2013 4:51 pm

Part and parcel of fibro ....somedays it hurts to even brush the skin on parts of the body and feet arms legs wrists really painful most of the time.....don't look things up on the computer they just scare you to death and are often nothing to do with your fibro it just tends to mimic things ....if really worried speak to your gp ....pain clinic or occupational health worker .....computers are good but sometimes a little bit of knowledge can be a scaremongerer ......big hugs
tiny229
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue May 28, 2013 5:39 pm

Tiny, I very much agree that self diagnosing yourself especially from the internet is a really bad idea

I also encourage people to have anything new checked by a Dr, no matter how silly it seems.

I have had a stroke, cancer, gall bladder attacks, herniated disks and bells palsy that I said....oh it's just
the fibro. I did not go to the Dr for four days following my stroke writing it all off to another fibro symptom.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue May 28, 2013 7:25 pm

Kitten, the only way you will really know what is causing you the problem with your foot is to go and see your GP. Talk thru your symptoms as well as mentioning what you have been looking into and see what they think. Hopefully doing this will ease your mind a little, esp if it turns out to be something that can sorted easily.

As the others have said, whilst the t'interweb can give us access to an amazing array of facts and info and ideas, it can have a more sinister side, esp when someone starts looking into possible causes for symptoms and problems they are experiencing.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby kitten » Wed May 29, 2013 7:56 am

Thank's for all your replies
Don't think it's the shoes Fine as I ware flat shoes which are quite wide, can't get my feet in to narrow shoes ( bunion ) as for high heels :nono: :nono: the only heel I can wear are kitten heels , have got an appointment for Monday ,strange thing it's ok today :crazy: :roll: it's like when you get to the dentist the pain gone :-)
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed May 29, 2013 11:08 am

Kitten....if itbis a nueroma the Dr will feel it even without the pain.

Good thing you are going to get it checked, it could be something totally different. Hopefully it will be a simple
thing to fix.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Purpledot » Wed May 29, 2013 1:04 pm

Yes, I had a neuroma on the top of my foot and it was excruciatingly painful. It disappeared once, and then came back again. I saw my GP who referred me to have it removed, but it just disappeared overnight about a week before the appointment.

It's never come back again, but if it does I would definitely opt have it removed as it is so painful.

I would definitely get it checked out.
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Postby perseus » Thu May 30, 2013 4:39 pm

I have had a Bursitis in the same area for more than a decade. I need to cut a hole in my sole because of the pain, however I've now got plantar fasciitis in the same foot which causes me pain on the heel, so I'm running out of areas to stand on! Perhaps one sometimes gets diagnosed as the other?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby kitten » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Been told she doe's not think it's Morton's Neuroma more than likely it 's fibro related as it's on the top of my foot and it's the soft tissues that is causing the pain if it flares up again to keep a diary, at this rate I will need an extra thick one with all we have to note down :roll:
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:50 pm

Kitten...good news it is not a nueroma. If you feel a lump then have it checked again
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby kitten » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:59 pm

Thanks
whoami
take care x
kitten
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia