Blue badge

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Blue badge

Postby anonymouse » Wed May 29, 2013 2:43 pm

Yes it's full of red tape, it took me three years to sort out ESA & DLA, I waited for my DLA before I applied for a Blu Badge, at that time benefits appeals felt like a full time job and the last thing I needed was another fight for a blue badge!

(Thought I had lost this post so I wrote it again, sorry for the duplication, it didn't show up in the forum to begin with, if a mod can delete this post please do)
Last edited by anonymouse on Wed May 29, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fibro, Chronic Pain, Insomnia, Psoriasis, Migraines, Light & Hyper Sensitivity & Joint Subluxation but apart from that I am perfectly healthy & battling for ESA & DLA. - Twitter: my_fibromyalgia - Facebook: myfibromyalgia
anonymouse
UKFM Member

Postby anonymouse » Wed May 29, 2013 2:50 pm

Totally agree, it took me three years to get ESA & DLA because of the appeal and it felt like a full time job in itself. I didn't need a new fight for a Blue Badge so waited for automatic eligibility with DLA. It is all about the red tape in this country. To clarify the point here is some information from my local county council:

Some people may also be eligible for a badge if they are more than two years old and have a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking.

If you are applying for a badge under this criterion you will need to show that you have a permanent and substantial disability which means:

you are unable to walk
you are unable to walk very far without experiencing very considerable difficulty. This may include excessive pain and breathlessness, or a deterioration of health brought on by the effort needed to walk
A permanent and substantial disability is one that is likely to last for all of your life. Eligibility is not determined on the basis of a particular diagnosis or condition. It is the effect of the permanent disability on your ability to walk that is important.

The automatic entitlement conditions are:

1) receives the Higher Rate of the Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance
2) is registered blind (severely sight impaired)
3) receives a War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement
4) has received a lump sum benefit within tariff levels 1-8 of the Armed Forces and Reserve Forces (Compensation) Scheme and has been certified as having a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking
Fibro, Chronic Pain, Insomnia, Psoriasis, Migraines, Light & Hyper Sensitivity & Joint Subluxation but apart from that I am perfectly healthy & battling for ESA & DLA. - Twitter: my_fibromyalgia - Facebook: myfibromyalgia
anonymouse
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed May 29, 2013 9:44 pm

I find it confusing and hard to understand ( the rules for disability ). There seems to be so many definitions of the type of disability and lots of different pension types. Here if you meet the criteria for disabled you get the same pension, you recieve an amount based on what you have contributed. If you were born with a permanent disability it is a different plan obviously because you have never worked.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia