Does anyone else get this?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Does anyone else get this?

Postby Purpledot » Thu May 30, 2013 12:01 pm

I have recently started to get a 'trembly' feeling in my arms, sometimes accompanied by shooting pains and an almost indiscernable, brief involuntary tremor in my hands. The shooting pains come out of the blue and I will momentarily lose control and power of my hands.

However, I am now getting quite concerned as this seems to be getting worse, and over the last 24 hours I have had this feeling almost constantly, and the tremor in my hands is getting more prolonged and very noticeable, although only seems to be if my arms are bent.

Does anyone else experience anything like this?
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Re: Does anyone else get this?

Postby chestnut1 » Thu May 30, 2013 12:15 pm

i have this but at the moment its gone to be replaced by unbelievable hip pain, but it comes back probably weekly, mostly when i've done too much. The tremors, dropping things, very painful shooting pains, sometimes up the back of my hands and sometimes up the outside and up to my elbow, yes i've experienced all those things.
nothing helped it i'm sorry to say, but it did get easier...
chestnut1
UKFM Newbie

Postby PennyJ » Thu May 30, 2013 12:27 pm

Hi there, I do sometimes lose the use of one hand or even both and can't grip anything and I do get intense pain and then one hour later its fine....I don't get tremors but then we don't all get the same symptoms so you can't always compare aches and pains. I also get hip pain, went to Pilates this morning with hip pain and worked through it and it seems much improved who's to say that it was the pilates that did or it went on its own..
PennyJ
UKFM Member

Postby mililly » Thu May 30, 2013 12:27 pm

Yes i get this. I hate all this pain its killing me and i cant get my head around it. My arms are really bad down to my wrists cant get dressed without being in agony. Couldnt even peel banana before it was that bad. My legs are also bad cant bend down squat or do any normal day to day things. Its so frustrating.
mililly
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu May 30, 2013 2:08 pm

With this being pretty new, and you saying that it has been getting worse, esp over the past 24 hours,it really needs to be checked out. There could be a number of reasons behind it, all of which need to be looked into rather than just thinking it is FM related.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia