Pins and needles aches and pains!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pins and needles aches and pains!

Postby BellaH » Thu May 30, 2013 4:30 pm

Afternoon!

Just a quick question - hope you can help ...

The past couple of days I've felt that my fibro is maybe starting into a flare - I have aches everywhere today, one thing I have noticed is that I keep getting sharp pains in my breast - like the muscle at the top and I have pins and needles I
my lips.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? X
BellaH
UKFM Member

Re: Pins and needles aches and pains!

Postby shazq » Thu May 30, 2013 4:43 pm

Hi Bella

You should get it checked out by your gp.
Any new symptoms should be checked in case it is not down to fibro, especially around the area you are having, i get pins and needles in my fingers and feet but never had them anywhere else not sure if other have. :dunno:

:goodluck1: Hope you get some answers.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby BellaH » Thu May 30, 2013 4:48 pm

I've had these pins and needles before - when I first started with the fibro over a year ago

Just that they have returned today - I have read that it can be due to over breathing like an anxiety thing
BellaH
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Thu May 30, 2013 6:14 pm

It could be where your chest wall is stiff. When my physio presses on the triggers points on this area i feel a sharp nerve pain shoot thro my breasts and down my arms.
I used to get symptoms like that on my lips but since wearing a mouth guard it hasnt appeared.
Do you clench your teeth/have TMJ? as they strain the muscles on the front wall chest , just a thought
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby BellaH » Thu May 30, 2013 7:31 pm

I think I might clench my teeth as I wake up often with jaw ache. Should I mention this to my dentist? So clenching your teeth can put strain on chest wall? X
BellaH
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Thu May 30, 2013 7:33 pm

It definatly does, well it does for me and your straining your neck and jaw which tugs on the muscles at the front of the chest.

Ask about a mouthgaurd
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Thu May 30, 2013 8:12 pm

I agree talk to both your GP and your dentist and :fingerscrossed: you'll get something sorted
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia