fed up

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

fed up

Postby mililly » Thu May 30, 2013 5:48 pm

Dont know what stage im at but im having a rant anyway...ive been like this for 3months now constant pain not a lot of sleep. Its very debilitating xnd all the normal day to day things i took for granted i cant do now without being in agony..but to top it all my husband is just so inconsiderate dosnt ask wha tneeds done inhouse etc always does the same things every dayin from work takes dog out bath then goes upstairs watches telly then bed. Im sick of explaining to him i cant do things but it just goes in one ear and out the other...rant over...
mililly
UKFM Member

Re: fed up

Postby fletch » Thu May 30, 2013 6:07 pm

Keep your chin up its not nice and upsetting when others don't understand.

Just wait till the next time he has a bad cold then have a go back at him when he cant do things
fletch
UKFM Member

Postby yummyhunnybunny » Thu May 30, 2013 7:17 pm

I think its good to have a rant! I rant day after day when I have constant pain.........It gets it out of your system then you can concentrate on the more important things in life.....like looking after yourself. I think its a shame that your partner does'nt have enough emotional intelligence to understand when you need help. My Husband is very very understanding of the needs I have with I have Fibro.... to be fair I have had this for 27 years so I suppose we both should be used to it by now? My main painful area is in my hands so if he did'nt help we would'nt eat! 1...Have you tried talking to him about the problems you are facing with this life changing condition? sometimes when someone we love is in pain we feel unable to help through not knowing what to do. 2...Have you told your Doctor you are struggling, because worry will cause more problems for you, I know this through experience............ My Mum used to say a liitle understanding is worth far more than a lot of pity .......I think she was right? Hope you feel better soon.J.x.
Last edited by yummyhunnybunny on Thu May 30, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yummyhunnybunny
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu May 30, 2013 8:10 pm

Hope you are feeling a bit better pain wise today, lots of members seem to come up against partners or other family members ignoring their plea's, does your OH understand anything about FM :?: :?: :?: :?: if not have you considered printing out some information from here such as 'one for the non believers' and try leaving around where they would be likely to pick it up :?: :?: :?: :?:

Hope you can break through the wall and get him to understand you need his support
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Otter65 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:42 pm

Hi I knew how you feel my hubby doesn't really understand how FM affects me he just things I will carry on doing everything for him
:nono:

My boss understands my condition better he notices when I'm having a bad day and nags me to go home when he knows I have reached my limit :crazy:

Hopefully you will have more luck than me but I've put up with him for 25 years so he's not going to change his cold his always worst than anyone else's so I've given up trying :yikes:

MEN can't live with them of without them :roll:

Sarah
Otter65
UKFM Member

Postby mililly » Thu May 30, 2013 10:38 pm

I just dont know what it is. Ive never been ill in my life where as hes a bit of a hypocondriac. And now that i can barely move get dressed or sometimes cant even lift a cup for a drink he knows im in pain but obviously just thinks its going to go away or be like a bit of backache..i wish...i yhink im in that angry mode at the minute and frustrated as i cant do anything..it would be nice if he offered though.
mililly
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Thu May 30, 2013 10:45 pm

Mililly...I am so sorry you do not have the support from your hubby.

Sometimes a spouse can be in denial because they can't cope with the thought of their loved one in pain. Sometimes it can be not understanding because the ione that is ill still pushes themselves and everything is done. They can't see the illness because all looks well at home, they get fed, the house is clean and the washing done.
I agree, you need to talk with him or have him cometo the Dr with you.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

fed up

Postby Wendy 28 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:37 pm

I know how you feel hun, you need to tell him how you feel and what help you need. I had the same problem and even proved that my health had gone down hill due to his lack of support. More tablets from my doctor and many bouts of really ill health led to me filing for divorce. Best thing I ever did! Bit drastic for an initial fix but I must admit I've never felt better. My stress level have gone down and I'm tablets have been lowered. What ever you do I wish you the best of luck. Your husband needs to support you through this and needs to be more considerate. xx
Wendy 28
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia