Trip to the docs today

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Trip to the docs today

Postby chookie » Fri May 31, 2013 7:15 pm

Oh well, I tried my best to make it not M.E but it is and I also have FM too. I have spent countless days and nights researching the internet for my symptoms and today I just had to book an emergency appointment whilst I took my daughter to see a physiotherapist.

I thought that enough was enough and see a duty GP so that I didn't have to face my own usual one, just to see what they said. I told them I felt hypoglycemic ( which I did feel symptoms of this morning) and she took my bloods...they were fine.... and my blood pressure.... no problems.....heart rate.... normal.....old TSH levels.... middle of normal range :shock:

She then told me that my GP gave me a leaflet on M.E two years ago, he never said anything about having it... "just have a read of this" he said. It told me nothing about the symptoms that I have had for the past 7 years, they didn't match up for me to realise it.

So, communication breakdown over, I can now sleep better at night ( :lol: ) knowing that I don't have to search anymore. It's such a weight off my shoulders. Why can't doctors just commit to a diagnosis and just palm you off with some reading material for you to decide whether you have it or not?

Anyway, that's my story du jour, don't know whether to laugh or cry :crazy:
Fibromyalgia, M.E, IBS, General Anxiety Disorder, Dyspraxia, Discalculia
chookie
UKFM Member

Re: Trip to the docs today

Postby kazza65 » Fri May 31, 2013 7:38 pm

Hi sorry if i sound thick or daft,

Can you tell me what your systoms were for M.E, because i permantly tired, can fall a sleep at the click of a button (think thats morphine )

My reason for thinking the i could have M.E aswell as fibro is :-

That i'm pemantly bloated after everything i eat
And when i do go to the toilet have diahorra (not always)
As i said permantly sleepy but never feel fresh afterwards
Permantly thirsty
Can't stand noise for ever telling my hubby to turn t.v down because it loud
Also the last thing is that people tell ask me if i'm hot because i have my cardi on permantly because i'm alway chilled.

I thinking of making an appointment with my G.P to disguss this but i don't want to feel a fool.

Thanks Karen x
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby chookie » Fri May 31, 2013 8:00 pm

Hello Karen, well I can't diagnose you but that's exactly what I have been feeling like all these years without any let up. Never feel a fool to visit your doctor, just keep on at them until you get results, it's only taken me how many years but I got there in the end. Good luck with it all, I hope that your GP listens and does something for you :-D
Fibromyalgia, M.E, IBS, General Anxiety Disorder, Dyspraxia, Discalculia
chookie
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 31, 2013 8:25 pm

kazza65 wrote:Hi sorry if i sound thick or daft,

Can you tell me what your systoms were for M.E, because i permantly tired, can fall a sleep at the click of a button (think thats morphine )

My reason for thinking the i could have M.E aswell as fibro is :-

That i'm pemantly bloated after everything i eat
And when i do go to the toilet have diahorra (not always)
As i said permantly sleepy but never feel fresh afterwards
Permantly thirsty
Can't stand noise for ever telling my hubby to turn t.v down because it loud
Also the last thing is that people tell ask me if i'm hot because i have my cardi on permantly because i'm alway chilled.

I thinking of making an appointment with my G.P to disguss this but i don't want to feel a fool.

Thanks Karen x

The best thing to do is see your GP Karen. The symptoms you've mentioned above could be due to a number of conditions which all share a similar range of symptoms. Maybe keep a diary of symptoms for a little while, how and when they affect you, events happening around when they strike etc to help with creating as clear a picture as possible about how things are for you as it can all help with getting to the bottom of things and finding answers.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia