SLIGHTLY EMBARRASSED :(

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: SLIGHTLY EMBARRASSED :(

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:11 pm

Haven't gone down the OT route mainly for the reasons you said

It brought it all home to me how bad I was, when my GP had to write a letter about how this effects me. He was nearly finished reading it out when even he said "oh my goodness when you see it all written down it does looks really bad," so sometime we and those around us are the last to realise how badly we are affected.
The view of a third party will offer fresh insight and hopefully solutions to any difficulties you might be having .

Good luck and please let us know how you get on .
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:54 am

Like many of us I had issues at the beginning.

Married only 6 months, I asked my hubby if he wanted a divorce

He was raised with a father in a chair (MS) also a sister (spina bifida) I figured he had lived through enough.

Then, we have gone through my over 20 surgeries, all with complications.....a stroke and cancer. I really felt worthless and very depressed over the fact I felt my hubby didn't deserve this.

We have now been married 23 years and all insecurities and embarrassment gone.

Things we have shared and laughed at
.....my husband having to sterilize, clean and repack an incision with 4 rolls of 15 ft tape, all done in a 2 man tent, 6hrs away from civilization or cell phones.
Shopping when every third step my legs would give out and I would be on the floor, we actually started counting the steps and laughing with anticipation. We were in the supermarket shopping but I was determined to get it done.
My being left stood naked at the side of a lake while my hubby loaded the boat. I had been sunbathing naked on the boat at a very remote lake in northern ontario. I figured I would dress on the beach while he loaded the boat. Because of being in one position too long I froze up when I bent over to pick up my clothes. 15 minutes later he came back and found me, naked , bent over laughing my head off.

I find attitude towards this illness is a huge help to coping. We get embarrassed so easily. I feel because we are so often judged on the legitimacy of fibro we tend to want to fade away. We now laugh at moments, we have had some very embarrassing, intimate happenings that have led us to the emergency room but after a few minutes not only were we laughing but Dr's and nurses.

Learn not to worry about the little things....life can be very comical at times x
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby kazisedso » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:26 am

Thank you so much everyone for the advice and sharing your experiences it really does help to hear everyone else's take on things.
Whoami, a special thanks to you, for making me look at things in a different way.

I think my husband and i have totally forgotten how to laugh, there's so much going on re- fibro and other illnesses that i am in the process of having tests for and being poked and podged about, plus trying to keep it all together for the sake of our kids, we forget that we are indeed entitled to laugh and cry for that matter, but, we just plod along like there is nothing wrong.

I am going to welcome OT and hopefully get the things i need to help improve not just mine, but all of our lives, and to help make things easier.

on wards and upwards and again thank you all so very much, this forum is great and a wealth of information and i am so glad i joined.
i will keep you all posted as to the outcome of the ot visit.... got to wait 28 days though as that's the turn around in this area. :grouphug: :grouphug:
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia