Tingly fingers

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tingly fingers

Postby Picklepudding » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:32 am

I've woken up this morning with 3 fingers on my left hand all tingly. It's like the feeling you get if you hold your hand up for too long and if you put your hand down and shake it, it comes back to life. But no amount of shaking is making any difference. Does anyone else have this and is it fibro related?
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Re: Tingly fingers

Postby djgs » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:43 am

I get it all the time, bit like the start of pins and needles, but not quite???? also get it in my knees and feet, have always assumed it to be fibro related
djgs
UKFM Member

Postby Picklepudding » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:46 am

Yes, that's the feeling. It's horrid!
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:22 pm

With something new, strange, changing etc, it's always best to have it checked out as there could be something else causing the problem.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby moomoos » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:37 pm

That sounds like Carpal Tunnel. I have suffered it since 1998, horrid it is.

See GP for help x
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby Otter65 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:35 pm

I also have the same feeling every morning for years sometimes its even a burning felling in my wrists :yikes:

I was checked for Carpal tunnel and found its wasn't that just another symptom of FM.
but I agree if its new you should get it checked as we are all different.

All the best
S
Otter65
UKFM Member

Postby Purpledot » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:38 pm

Yes, I get random tingling in my hands, feet, legs, arms. I have never had it officially checked out as I have just assumed it is part of the Fibro :(
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:03 am

I had it for years, checked foor carpul tunnel...negative

A few years later it got worse and in both hands, checked again for carpul tunnel......posotive

I had both hands operated on and now they are fine. The tingling had turned into numbness and burning in my arms.

Check with your GP, it could be numerous things
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Diane64 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:28 pm

I have been getting this recently, not every day though, when i do get it it feels tingly and numb at the same time, if i touch something with the fingers affected its like getting an electric shock, spoke to the doctor when visited him about something else fibro related, he wanted to up my gabapentin but because i dont get it every day ive not up'd my dose..it goes away as quick as it comes, but annoyoing all the same. :-?
Diane64
UKFM Member

Postby MichelleJ » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:37 pm

I get this too. My dr told me it was part of the neuropathy and was down to fibro. I do get a lot of symptoms that get put down to neuropathy, neurological symptoms. Have to say my new med tapentadol does seem to e helping with these symptoms
Dx with fibromyalgia m.e/Cfs and asthma
MichelleJ
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia