breast pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

breast pain

Postby ROSE123 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:02 am

was just wondering if any of you ladies suffer from breast pain first thing in the morning. This has started happening to me over 3 weeks ago, I am not pregnant or have hormone problems so I was thinking it may be related to my fibro can anyone help thanks xxxxx :?:
ROSE123
UKFM Member

Re: breast pain

Postby Janet Poole » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:09 am

Hi. . I have the same problem can't bare to touch them sometimes. . Would let Johnny Depp have a go mind lol. . I'm menopausal too to think your right about the hormones not helping xx :-P
Janet Poole
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:46 am

Apart from seeing your GP to make sure it isnt anything else, if it is fibro connected then one explaination could be that its coming from the front chest wall.
I have trigger points in between my breasts and when the physio presses and works on this area :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: the pain thro my breast is unreal :yikes: :yikes:
I have TMJ which can tug and tighten the muscles on the front wall chest when clenching.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby mabel » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:10 pm

I have just gone through 3 weeks of this pain which was very worrying!
I had pain like this before and could not lie on one side - too much pain it took months to go off. This time it occoured after a mammagram. had pain for 10 days after.
I hear there is a condition of inflammation which fibro suffers can be prone to which affects the chest are the chest/ribs area. not sure of correct spelling but begins with C and ends with itis sorry cannot be more specific!
mabel
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:59 pm

Costochondritis :-)
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby minxy14 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:25 am

I am really suffering from breast pain at the minute to, it actually woke me up last night. I have previously been diagnosed with costro and was beginning to think I needed to get fitted with a new bra that maybe it was lack of support giving me the pain! Any way looks like it could be my old friend fibro :(
minxy14
UKFM Newbie

Postby ROSE123 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:03 pm

o dear what we have to put up with I am very sorry you all suffer from this it is awful it isnt anything else i have an appointment for a mammogram this month dreading it but know it will be worth going for it xxxxxx
ROSE123
UKFM Member

Postby jo_jo789uk » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:02 am

Hi all,

I'm really glad I came on the forums today.

I have been getting discomfort for about 2 weeks on and off now.

I was thinking I needed to change my bra size or something, and I keep checking for lumps but there isn't anything there.

It matches exactly what you are all describing so I am glad I am not alone in this one.

I have so many symptoms that my poor fiance has to listen about that I felt a bit silly mentioning this one in case it was nothing, so it's nice to hear other people have experienced it.
“Perhaps it is our imperfections that make us so perfect for one another!”
― Jane Austen
jo_jo789uk
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:13 pm

I would suggest anyone with this type of breast pain to be fitted properly for a bra, especially if you are large busted.

I went and got fitted at a shop that sells only bras. She customizes them for you and sells bras for cancer patients. Anyway, I had been fitted at a department store before and was told I needed a 40B,. I was slipping out the bottom and the cups were way too small. She insisted that was what I measured.

I went to the specialty store and got fitted, LOL. I bought one style in a 34J. And another style 36GG. The lady said to make sure you try on every bra you buy because better quality bras have a lot of hand work and could vary a bit in size.

After buying these bras, a lot of my shoulder, upper back and breast pain was eleviated.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby PurpleRose » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:47 pm

Hi all,
I am another who has been suffering with breast pain. It's now been going on for about 4 months, I don't know why it just suddenly came on :roll: I have tried to look at what it can be, but I can't find answers..... I am new to fibro, although I can remember being in "random" pain from as young as 9, I have only recently got what I am calling a "presumed" diagnoses as there is apparently more testing to be done. Any way my breast pain consists of sharp, aching, burning, and tenderness. It hurts to touch at any point and the pain is in both breasts. :-| they also feel incredibly heavy which is near on impossible as I am only a 32B and if you have seen that size bra you will understand why it's impossible to feel heavy. They also feel hot like really hot at times which is uncomfortable. The pain prevents me from sleeping, which is not exactly something else I needed as we all know sleep is a luxury.
So what I'm asking is, has anyone else got these symptoms and was it the fibro?

Other things I will add just in case, I have enquired about mastalgia, fibroadenoma, costochondritis, cyclical breast pain, and non cyclical breast pain...... And it is none of these. I also am not pregnant as I have done 5tests all returning with negative, so I'd say that's pretty certain. I also have never had children so it won't be related to breast feeding. I have also been trained in bra fittings (properly) so I know I'm not wearing wrong size bra. So it's not like I haven't looked at many possibilities, truth be told I'm probably trying to avoid it being a fibro symptom, because I want it to go (however silly that may sound)

Any help..... As always is much appreciated, thanks xx
PurpleRose
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:46 am

So sorry to anyone suffering from breast pain. If totally new symptom then agree with Lisa go have it checked by GP.
Just had a mammogram today or squishy boob sandwich as sometimes known in our house. was a little sore at the time and after but worth it for peace of mind .
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby cathall » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:30 pm

Hi,

I am so sorry to hear of so many of you experiencing breast pain & yet so glad to hear I am not alone, not only are my breasts painful but I also have tender trigger points on body adjacent to breasts & have never seen or heard of this as a symptom of FM or on the list of trigger points. In fact a lot of the time I cannot wear a bra & put on a vestlet under my top instead.

I am new to the site but have already read a lot that you guys have written & feel encouraged & inspired by your stories & that this awful condition isn't all in my head.

Thank You or
cathall
UKFM Newbie

Postby Dancing angel » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:27 pm

I also have only just been diagnosed (March) and have really sore and sensitive painful breasts. I was a 32 c but with the weight I ave put on since being on Pregabolin n no exercise they must be bigger now. I have a damaged disc in my thoracic spine just where my bra strap goes but I feel like my chest is being crushed some nights as I far more pain thn. Also I have pain down below as though I am being stabbed in either m rectum or around he front it feels like I' m burning. Does any of he other ladies suffer with this?
Dancing angel
UKFM Newbie

Postby PurpleRose » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:05 pm

Hi dancing angel, I can understand your feeling of being crushed, I'm sorry about what your suffering with the damaged disc, it's horrible especially with the fibro, it's so confusing isn't it, I was also diagnosed in march time, I have not got to grips and find myself getting frustrated. Will say have never experienced the other pains you mentioned :-| hope you find an answer. Keep going to your doctor if your worried, I just hope they are better than mine
Good luck xx
PurpleRose
UKFM Member

Postby jules48 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:30 pm

Hi it sounds as though you have costochondritis. Extremely painful.
This was actually my first real symptom. I was taken to A&E with severe
chest pain ( so frightening) .heart problems ruled out and diagnosed
with fibro. The only things that give me relief are heat packs and naproxen .
jules48
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia