Sunburn Skin

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sunburn Skin

Postby kitten » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:38 am

Since we have had this lovely sun :-) , my skin feels like I have been sat in sun and got sunburn , at the top of my back ,along my shoulders and legs and feet ,my feet and the bottom of my legs were so itchy then I came out in a rash, funnily enough my arms are OK yet :!: as I take Ami don't know if it's a side effect , not bothered me before any one else had this :!:

All the long winter months when we have been so cold , and looking forward to summer get two lovely weeks and we suffer :-x
kitten
UKFM Member

Re: Sunburn Skin

Postby kazza65 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:05 am

HI Kitten

Not had any trouble with other parts of my body but like you my feet have started burning like hell after walking. But hi ho my other aches and pains have not been as pain full as before..

The only part that never stop aching and hurting is my back and knee, but my feet are bad thinking of seeing if i can have a wheel chair.

Karen

xx
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby Cricketbug » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:27 pm

I've had the feeling a lot recently of having sunburn even though I know my arms and hands are not sunburned... I've also been having the itching on my back, shoulders and the back of my head like you would not believe! My GP thought it might be due to the Lyrica I've been taking and has downed my dose to see if it helps. So far... it hasn't helped at all. :/ I feel for you and understand completely!
Cricketbug
UKFM Newbie

Postby kitten » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:39 pm

well spoke to soon my arms have now joined in as well as the palm of my hands obliviously didn't wont to be left out :roll:

going to spray my self with after sun even though i have not been in the sun :-x and go in a darken room :( :(

thanks cricketbug and Kazza65
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:46 pm

I'm a great fan of Aloe Vera to settle the skin if it is sunburned or even just itchy. It feels a little tacky at first but soon sinks in to the upper layers of the skin and works its magic.
I've been feeling itchy and getting the odd small raised dot was blaming the cat for bringing in fleas but given he got some medicine as a flea prevention measure maybe I'm being unfair and it is all FM related either meds or the syndrom itself.

Typical there is always something!
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:37 pm

The sunburnt/itchy/irritated sensation on skin is an associated problem for quite a few of us. I've had it far too many times for me to recall them over the years, and like ISM, I find aloe vera gel can help ease things a little.

I've also found that moisturising my body each day seems to help with how often it affects me these days. If I miss any days, I can feel it starting to prickle and sting again by the middle of the day.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby kitten » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:38 pm

Thanks everyone for the advice will give the aloe vera a try ,feels like I have been stung by nettles in certain parts of me today
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:18 pm

i get this alot i hate it i feel so sore. priton works for me maybe try something like that x
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia