Physio / OT assessment..........

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Physio / OT assessment..........

Postby kazisedso » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:51 am

Hi everyone, hope the lovely weather is helping make your days somewhat less painful x

I have been referred for both a complete physiotherapy mobility assessment and also OT assessment.
Naturally i am over the moon that i am going to hopefully receive some much needed help, but at the same time i am apprehensive and a little nervous.
Could anyone tell me their experiences with both of these assessments, what happens?... what to expect etc.

Thanks in advance everyone, don't know what i would do without this forum, i have asked so many questions of late, and always received replies :-D :-D , you are a great bunch of people and a very valuable source of info.xx

Karen
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Re: Physio / OT assessment..........

Postby sarahc1976 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:51 am

i have a o.t she is wonderful she hasn't managed to start work with me properly as i have had so much drama going on but she lets me off load she will fill in any paper work ie:blue badge,dla anything she can as then she is helping lift the stress which makes me feel worse i have yet to come to terms with my diagnoses which she is wanting to work at but she has booted everybodys butts i now have a adult care social worker where i have been given home help 4 hours a week all my appointments were getting nowhere now i have my pain management appointment so bring on proper medication as the stuff that i am on ain't working oh o.t assessment lasts a hour if you feel like i do nothing to worry about just be open and honest xxxxx :-D
sarahc1976
UKFM Member

Postby linda3719 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:01 pm

Hi I have been thinking about getting some help from OT,
Does your gp have to refer you? Thanks,

xxx :lol: :lol: :lol:
linda3719
UKFM Member

Postby kazisedso » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:38 pm

Hi Linda3719.

I am having a lot of difficulty walking and with the stairs so my husband rang OT last week and am waiting to be seen, but... i also had an appointment with a nurse at my gp's for a separate reason and i just broke down and everything came flowing out....
I too, Sarahc1976, have been in denial with my DX and over the last 5/6 months i have been getting progressively worse, so when i went to see the nurse it just all came out.... the result of which.... she has got me referred to the physiotherapist for a mobility assessment and it also adds more weight with OT if you see what i mean :-| .

I think it is better if you do get a referral from the gp but i am not 100% sure if it is necessary to be referred... i could be wrong and i'm sure someone else would be able to tell you more about it.
All i can say is that i am relieved to be seen by both physio and OT and look forward to what they can help myself and my hubby with.
Just wondered what to expect... i can get very anxious with appointments etc and like to have a rough idea what to expect... but that's just me... have always had anxiety disorder and do struggle greatly with any change in routine.... so i like to know things so i don't get too anxious when i have the appointments. :crazy:
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia