pain after teeth out, is it from fibro?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

pain after teeth out, is it from fibro?

Postby relf1960 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:26 pm

like many others, ive suffered aching/sensitive teeth for a long time. i had a upper, side tooth, out. pre fibro and i think it healed normally. then 2 weeks ago i had a lower, side, tooth out, which was hard to get out as very long root apparently. on given the injections my knees gave way when i went to the waiting room, something id never had happen before fibro (poss my anxiety?) anyway i cant stand the gauze in my mouth, it makes me gag, but bleeding didnt last too long and i rinsed mouth out with salt regularly. but the soreness around th hole and next door teeth, and the swelling is still there. all teeth on that side keep tingling, and the entire side of my face still aches. even that ear isnt right. thing is, i went on hol abroad 4 days after extraction expecting it to b ok by then. luckily i had at home a pack of penecillin my daughter hadnt used, and it was one dentists prescribed, so i took the course thinking it would sort out any probs. anyway, still feeling the same im presuming it wasnt any infection. could the long root have damaged my jaw? or is it the nerves? is it prolonged just cus ive fibro? the whole hasnt fully healed but thats the least of the trouble. its the gum pain n swelling on the tooth to the back of it thats the worse. it ruined my hol as i couldnt sleep with it despite endless paracetomols. i feel like ive been punched on the left side of my face/mouth. bet dentist cant do owt n with it being weekend i cant even make appt. i suppose i should ask none sufferers how it is for them, but it wasnt like this when i was a none sufferer.advise pls
relf1960
UKFM Member

Re: pain after teeth out, is it from fibro?

Postby Alityke » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:11 pm

Go back to the dentist, you may have a tooth splinter lingering or it could be as simple as post op bruising to soft tissue & bone thats causing prolonged pain
Alityke
UKFM Member

Re: pain after teeth out, is it from fibro?

Postby painprincess1 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:58 pm

Hi hunnie, tingling is normal nerves ,this can go on for a long time.weeks so try not to worry about it to much. as theres nerve in the bottom jaw my mums was a dental nurse so shes taught me abit.also my other half had nearly all his teeth out and it took 8 weeks to heal . remember the gums is soft so its taking a bashing.if after a few days u cant bear it or just are not hapy ring them up and see what they say hun xxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia