Why do i feel so cold ?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Why do i feel so cold ?

Postby spencebel » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:24 pm

Well the warmer weather is here, but not really for me. Seeing people walking around in t/shirts, etc, i have still had a cardigan on. I have even sat on my sofa, wrapped in a blanket.
Went a walk the other evening with my hubby and dog, he wearing t/shirt & shorts, i on the other hand, jeans, t/shirt cardigan hubby said you will be fine, no i was not, i could not wait to get back home, i was freezing soon as i got in out came the blanket, and i had a hot cup of tea, i felt chilled to the bone.

Hubby says , i carn't be that cold, but i am.

We have also changed to summer quilt ,OMG such a bad nights sleep for me, so cold, on my side i have a blanket on top of quilt, and my dressing gown on top of that.............. Why is this. I am wrapped in a blanket right now.... Really strange :-?
spencebel
UKFM Member

Re: Why do i feel so cold ?

Postby PennyJ » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:47 pm

Hi, I too feel the cold in fact my hands are freezing at the moment and I am still wearing my sweatshirt. I just thought it was my age(61) but sounds that it isn't, in fact a lot of my post menopausal friends are the opposite and are always too hot. I am hoping for an exceedingly hop summer and then perhaps I might just feel a bit warm...I do feel for you...keep your vest on...Pen.x :-D
PennyJ
UKFM Member

Postby Cricketbug » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:12 pm

You are indeed not the only one. I find myself still having to wear gloves and a scarf in the mornings along with my jacket.. and just the sight of someone in shorts or a tank top makes me shiver!
Cricketbug
UKFM Newbie

Postby bestnan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:32 pm

I too feel the cold dreadfully be it winter or summer. I have an under active thyroid, which although it's treated, can cause me to feel the cold, so it may be a good idea to get yours checked.

I feel the cold right in my bones and people find it very hard to understand how cold you feel, as if it is from the inside getting out. The strangest thing is that I sweat as well even though I'm cold

Good Luck
bestnan
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:39 pm

Spencebel.....have you had your thyroid checked? I have no thyroid, cancer, and even with meds am cold.

It could be menopausal, i was early 35 when it started and feeling the cold is a symptom.
It could be fibromyalgia. Have a visit to your GP just to get a few things checked.

Bestnan.....I always say to my hubby I am cold on "my side"
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Happy(jerky)feet » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:17 pm

I am either freezing cold or boiling hot ,I am menopausal so that explains the hot flashes ! At night duvet on then off ,feet in bed then they are out ,restless legs done help either :crazy:
Happy(jerky)feet
UKFM Member

Postby kazlee0608 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:52 pm

Happy (jerky) feet. SNAP lol. Most of the time though I am like a block of ice, and always got loads of clothes on
kazlee0608
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:06 pm

With FM, it's not unusual for us to be sensitive to many things, including temperatures. Altho the real reason behind it is yet to be researched fully and confirmed, one of the possible theories is that the signals whizzing round our bodies that send the messages about how we are have become scrambled, and gates that should be closing when something is easing off or changing are stuck open, which could be part of why we feel things so much more intensely than we did preFM.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Purpledot » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:36 pm

I'm the opposite........I feel really hot most of the time, even when others around me aren't. Then suddenly, completely out of the blue, I can feel really cold, and I know exactly what you mean about it coming from the inside. It's a really weird cold feeling, similar to when you have a very high temperature but are shivering. When I get this I cannot get warm, despite how many layers I pile on. Then, suddenly, I will be really hot again!

This FM has a lot to answer for!
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:51 pm

Can't cope with the warmer weather during the day and feel the cold at night :snowgrumpy: .

I still have the extra duvet on my side of the bed. Have the normal double for OH & I and then have a second single for my side only. Duvet cover of both are the same so that it looks OK on the bed ! Also have a single electric underblanket on my side only as well . Well a girl gotta look after herself :-D
Saves all the grumblling :swear1: for either of us about being too hot or cold
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:18 pm

Iceskatemum wrote:Also have a single electric underblanket on my side only as well .

ISM, we've still got the leccie blankie on and both of us are still using it each night. OH has to have his on a higher setting than I do, which is great when my feet are extra cold as I get to pinch the heat from his side and thaw them out a bit, then use my side to keep them at a more constant temperature :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Well it's either that or he gets my cold feet on him to warm them up :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby chookie » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:31 pm

Me too, you are not the only one. I have had to go to sleep in the afternoon again for the past two months as the only way for me to warm up again is to bury myself in blankets and snooze it away. Today I have had cups of hot tea, little bits to eat regularly, a hot water bottle, two cardigans and my blankets. I have FM and M.E and it's poor circulation that's to blame :cry:
Fibromyalgia, M.E, IBS, General Anxiety Disorder, Dyspraxia, Discalculia
chookie
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:02 am

Iceskatemum wrote: Also have a single electric underblanket on my side only as well

FluppyPuffy wrote:ISM, we've still got the leccie blankie on and both of us are still using it each night

I am so glad I'm not the only one lol. I have one of those single sided leccy blankets as OH gets hot very quickly even in winter! I still use the blanket and put it on 15mins-half hr before I go to bed each night - even during that week of pure sunshine and heat lol.

I can't stand getting into a semi cold bed at all and I find lying on my leccy blanket in bed really really helps the pain. I often find I can't get comfy on the sofa some nights so tend to go to bed with my kindle or a dvd and I feel much more comfy than lying on the sofa.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia