Excruciating fatigue, anyone else like this?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Excruciating fatigue, anyone else like this?

Postby Purpledot » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 pm

Fatigue is one of my worst symptoms and has got a lot worse over the past couple of months. I do also have ME, but I'm never sure which is causing which symptom....probably a combination of both!

My GP did tell me that Fibro stops your brain falling into Stage 4 sleep, which is the refreshing, rejuvenating deep sleep that regenerates cells and muscles and restores energy....which is why however much we sleep we don't feel refreshed.

I am also aware that ME messes with your sleep patterns, and mine are all over the place at the moment......I am not sleeping at night until about 4-5am and then waking up mid-morning, then having to go back to bed in the afternoon and/or early evening to rest again. The trouble is, however much I sleep or don't sleep I don't feel any better as the sleep is fitful and non-refreshing.

I have decided I am going to listen to my body and just sleep/rest when I feel I need to at the moment, which is a weird existence but at least I don't make myself feel worse by not resting when my body needs it, or get stressed when I can't sleep at night.

I have tried Amitryptiline and another similar drug but neither have helped with my sleep but have made me feel majorly spaced out the following day.
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia