the start of something good...?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

the start of something good...?

Postby animeemo3 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:56 am

well, seeing as my gp wont listen to my appeals for better pain meds, i went out and bought some paramol (lots of questions asked there, almost like a gp appointment :lol: ) in the hopes that it would be better. turns out is it! pain is still there, but very reduced! :-D so im going to march into my appointment in three days, slap the paramol packet on the desk and tell him all about it, see what he says. if he still wont listen, i guess i'll have to buy them myself. £6.00 for a pack of 32, but what can ya do? :roll:
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Re: the start of something good...?

Postby whoami » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:02 am

What is paramol? Remember I am in Canada, we likely have the same thing different name.

If you can get it over the counter then why need a prescription?
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby animeemo3 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:07 am

not sure if it has a different name, but it has 500mg paracetamol and 7.46mg of dihydrocodeine. and i suppose its better on prescription because you dont get the funny looks from the assistants when you come in every week for the strongest OTC instead of it being on a prescription, which is what they would expect, y'know?
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Postby MichelleJ » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:34 pm

You can get a higher amount on prescription too so it works out cheaper. Do u have to pay for your prescriptions? I'm lucky I get mine free cos I'm on tax credits. Push him to prescribe, he needs to be helping you. If he won't ask to see someone else
Dx with fibromyalgia m.e/Cfs and asthma
MichelleJ
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:21 pm

:fingerscrossed: you can get it prescribed by your gp. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:50 am

I get prescribed DHC and paracetamol separately as when I was in hospital the sister from the pain clinic came to see me and said you get a better synergistic effect and I agree it takes the edge off :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia