sweating

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

sweating

Postby mililly » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:42 am

Hi

Does anyone have trouble with sweating..my face sweats like mad every morning not sure if part of fibro or side effect of meds.on mst.
mililly
UKFM Member

Re: sweating

Postby kazlee0608 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:51 am

OMG yes, especially at night. Although, I was told a few years ago I was starting the menopause.
kazlee0608
UKFM Newbie

Postby linda3719 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:53 am

Snap !!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
It gets so annoying - like you say i dont know if its the meds or fibro - just another thing to
contend with I guess

take care

:-D :-D :-D
linda3719
UKFM Member

Postby KarenG53 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:47 am

Hi everyone :-D
I'm on Tramadol and my doc says that's why I have the horrible feeling of a furnace escaping through my head and my hair and face becoming soaking wet which is really embarrassing :oops:
it does coincides with having taken them 30 minuets before...
I suppose if I want some pain relief I just have to put up with it :-?
KarenG53
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:26 am

mililly.....Your sweating could be numerous things

medication
thyroid
pre- menopausal or post, depending on where you are
IBS
anxiety
fibromyalgia
the list could go on!

Mililly, make an appointment to see your GP and explain your symptoms. A few years ago II was sweating / perspiring so bad, all day, my jeans would be soaked. I could feel the water running down my legs, back etc. It can be so annoying. Your Dr hopefully can help you. Good luck!
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby MichelleJ » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:50 pm

This is one of my symptoms and I hate it. It's not my meds as everything got stopped and changed so its been put down to fibro as I'm not pre menopausal yet. I drip with it my hair gets wet as fast as my carer can dry it after a shower. Drs can't do anything to help apparently so I'm stuck with it. If anyone has any ideas to stop it I'd love to hear them as lying on a bed with a fan on me and sitting in a pool are te only things that help and not very. Practical.
Dx with fibromyalgia m.e/Cfs and asthma
MichelleJ
UKFM Member

Postby clairehardy2013 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:39 am

Hi im newly diagonosed and just to pass some info on my ngp put me on gabapentin for pain relief and whilst this didnt work for pain it controlled the sweats and was awesome unfortunatly i can no longer take it so the sweats are back with vengence! Just found out im pregnant with my dh on number three! Hence only oramorph is deemed safe as pain relief any advice on the sweats would be majorly appreciated! But gabapentin is a definate try as it worked wonders forgot how bad sweats were until i came off it!
clairehardy2013
UKFM Newbie

Postby kat101 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:09 am

I just wanted to share what I have done to help with the night sweats. I too have the worse sweats around my head, neck and chest area. I was waking up a few times a night just soaked with sweat. I had been hearing about the Chillow which you put on top or inside your pillow. I ordered me one and it has made such a difference to my sleeping. I don't wake up soaked in sweat. If I feel hot then I just reposition the chillow and drift right back to sleep. In the past even if I managed not to be wake up in the night as soon as I woke up in the morning I would be instantly sweating. No more. It has helped me. I would definitely say give it a try.

Kat
kat101
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia