What i thought was a mini miracle

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What i thought was a mini miracle

Postby gwenmoon » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:49 pm

I had been suffering last year with fibromyalgia very badly. August Sept and October where particularly bad months. My partner doesn't cope well with my condition as you can read in my previous posts last year. This is the firs time i have posted this year. I have had no need to post until this week as I have had a very large period of time with hardly and symptoms at all until this week. In fact I thought my fibromyalgia had gone away until now. I have been most grateful that it had regressed, but very bitterly disappointed it had returned.

This is what happened, I have no clear understanding to what caused it to go away for this period of time, or what I had done or not done to make it do so. I now have regular spinal injections every 6 months from my new spinal surgeon and neurologist . Perhaps this has helped, but I have no certain proof. I have moved house again whether this has contributed, I am unsure. My partner and I are getting on better, its not 100% but better than before. I have been managing without my walking stick as the pain had gone down, my partner seemed to be better with me since i lost the stick. He has told a friend, who told me, that he hated me having a stick, he could cope with the fact I am disabled and he cannot hack it. Strange but at least now i know what he is thinking, he never talks to me about it. He always doesn't want to discuss it. The friend told me a lot of things that i never knew about what he thinks of my condition and told me he had said I wasn't the same girl since I had the accident. He couldn't bear to see me this way.

I spoke to him and slowly made him understand the situation, that I couldn't help what had happened and that I was still me. I too also think That if it was the other way around, it would be difficult for me, but I am a more understanding person and I would help not criticise and blame for what had happened. Its still hard but he is trying a little harder to understand.

Yesterday the pain came back, and today I have been having, panic attacks and back pain, leg pain and chest pain. I have rested a lot and tried to chill out, hoping it will settle down. I am hoping tomorrow it will have. I saw the article about the weather effecting fibromyalgia, but mine can be worse when it is cold and wet or damp, but today it hot with beautiful sunshine, but it has still flared up. So perhaps the article is right then, there is no real connection to damp cold wet weather. But there is one thing I still can't make sense of , why did have constant pain and other problems for years for it suddenly dissipate for nearly 7 months only to return ? just can't understand this damn thing.
not too chuffed gwen :( Sorry for the rant just a bit mad :evil:
Having someone to share with gets you through another day :-) Gwen x
gwenmoon
UKFM Member

Re: What i thought was a mini miracle

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:41 pm

Could be anything as you say

Lots of maybes, maybe its the injections wearing off? maybe its not the fibro as fibro doesnt dissappear totaly then randomaly come back. Maybe its something else :?: If it persists i would have a chat with your GP especially if your worried.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:34 pm

Sorry to hear you are in another flare :(
Also have back probs and my pains are less after I have had spinal epidurals. In between use Butrans patch for back pain & FM seems worse when at end of week for it as well. Was advised to increase patch but couldn't cope with side effects then told to use just Tramadol for FM but back pain really bad. Now use mix of the two.
Seems most of us have to try lots of regimes until we get one that suits,try GP for pain meds failing that ask to be referred to pain clinic.

Good luck & here's some :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: in the meantime.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:47 am

I agree with Lisa and ISM go back and see your doc, try not to panic (easy to say I know) as that will just exacerbate your symptoms, have you tried a warm bath in an attempt to relax a bit :?: :?: :?: :?: :fingerscrossed: it will ease off loads again for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia