Shaking

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Shaking

Postby RachelO » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:45 pm

Hi all,

I get violent shaking in my left arm simular to someone with parkinsons disease. It happend in June for around a month, I had some blood test but nothing else was ever done and the shaking has been ok since.

However today its come back, its very bad in my left arm and sometimes i feel as though the rest of me is shaking to. Im finding it very hard to type and use the mouse in work. I work 10.5hr shifts 4 days a week and as I work in a call centre I spend all day by the PC.

Does anyone else have this problem :?: :?: :?: :?:
Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish it.” – Unknown
RachelO
UKFM Member

Re: Shaking

Postby StJude » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:17 pm

I also get the shakes in both arms, sometimes I feel people look at me as if I have the DTs! And I don't even drink!!
Dr has put me on beta blockers which do help but she did say its just another symptom. Sometimes its so bad my whole body shakes and my teeth chatter. Damn this bloody fibro.
StJude
UKFM Newbie

Postby Purpledot » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:52 pm

I've recently started having this in my arms, one worse than the other. I can feel the muscles in my arms trembling and then my hands will start to shake. I have only had it really violently a couple of times, but it is really horrible and scary so I really sympathise.

I find I usually get this when I'm feeling really tired. I also get 'jerks' in my arms and legs that start off with the same trembling feeling.

Bloomin' Fibro has so much to answer for!
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:24 pm

Sorry never had the shakes that you could see it , get jerks and spams like bolts of electricity but mainly when I am at rest at night .

Sounds scary if not happy would suggest go back and see your GP...just cause we have FM doesn't mean we should get fobbed off

Good luck all of you
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby chookie » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:00 pm

I get shaky all over now and again, especially in my arms :(
Fibromyalgia, M.E, IBS, General Anxiety Disorder, Dyspraxia, Discalculia
chookie
UKFM Member

Postby RachelO » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:31 am

Hi All :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Its nice I'm not alone when it comes to the shaking. I get it all over my body but my right arm is affected much more.

I have a doctors appointment on Wednesday and will see what he says.
Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish it.” – Unknown
RachelO
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:41 pm

RachelO.......Have you had your thyroid levels checked? When my level is out my hands and arms shake. Test is done
med is usually adjusted

My hubby's hands shake when his sugar levels are off, he is diabetic.

I would go back and see your GP to see if he has any ideas since it has happened again. Take note of
what you have eaten or done physically different before this happens. It might help with a diagnosis.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby RachelO » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi whoami,

I went to the GP today. He says that the shaking is part of fibro. I shake all over but its worse in my arms. As I am coming off the amitriptyline from today as my partner and I want to start a family. It looks as though the shaking may only get worse, as my GP says amitriptyline is what he would give me to help stop the shaking.

I need to keep a close eye on the shaking and other fibro symptoms in the next few weeks and if I'm not coping my GP will see what he can do to help.
RachelO
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:30 pm

RachelO......I am glad your Dr seems to have helped you.
i never realized that fibro produced shaking that bad. Thia illness sure gets stranger and stranger to me every day, LOL. I hope all goes well and you conceive very soon....best wishes to you
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Shaking

Postby toplessbug » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:53 pm

I am so glad this has come up as I shake really bad in my arms but not all the time.
I seem to find if I'm flustered it gets worse or being hurried up, I get confused and shake worse. I get really embarrassed about it but my OH just tells me to calm down and ignore the people around me lol

Gentle hugs xxxx
toplessbug
UKFM Member

Postby RachelO » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:40 pm

Thank you whoami.

I get really embarrassed about the shaking to toplessbug. When it started last Thursday I was in work. I work in a large office and could see people looking at me. It was so bad my manager sent me on a break. I only worked half the day Friday and took Monday off, I'm back in work tomorrow and have no idea if I'm going to be able to cope, its very difficult trying to use a mouse and type. Its nice to know I'm not alone when it comes to the shaking. Gentle hugs :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
RachelO
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia