GIVING UP WORK TO STUDY..... ? FINANCE AVAILABLE

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

GIVING UP WORK TO STUDY..... ? FINANCE AVAILABLE

Postby Hayley4321 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:36 pm

At present I work 30 hours as a nursery nurse caring for the under two s. I realistically cant see myself doing it much longer and would like to study for a foundation degree. Realistically I don t know how I ll finance it without working and I don t know how I ll manage a degree plus work, Any help would be appreciated
Hayley4321
UKFM Member

Re: GIVING UP WORK TO STUDY..... ? FINANCE AVAILABLE

Postby chookie » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:09 pm

I am studying for a Diploma Level 3 which will be paid for as I am on working family tax credit. I charge half price for the complimentary therapies that I offer until I am fully qualified... which is not long now.

I have started a Foundation Degree, two weeks ago now. It's a 2 year course, which many of them are and I only go into college 1 day per week which allows me to work comfortably from home alongside it. These courses are designed to be this way, so that you can earn whilst your learn.

I've applied to Finance England for the loan of £10,500, this will be paid back at a very low rate when I earn £21k or above. If you already have a Degree that is the same level or higher than the Foundation, you can't get a loan, there is no funding available.
Fibromyalgia, M.E, IBS, General Anxiety Disorder, Dyspraxia, Discalculia
chookie
UKFM Member

Re: GIVING UP WORK TO STUDY..... ? FINANCE AVAILABLE

Postby Hayley4321 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:06 am

Thanks for reply :-D I am a single parent so on child tax credit plus working tax credit..... do you know how many hours you have to work to still get working tax credit if you are doing a foundation degree
Hayley4321
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia