Distended stomach and nausia after flare up

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Distended stomach and nausia after flare up

Postby E-Bunny » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:21 am

Hi Guys,

My 1st flare up was in February... I could not have anything touching my skin.. ppl, clothes etc without severe pain. This lasted a day or so followed by a week of unbearable pain in my legs, arms and neck !
2 weeks after the flare up, I became ill !! Sickness and my stomach became extremely distended ( I looked like i was 9 months pregnant ).. I suffered alot of pain in the upper abdomen when trying to bend down or curl up. I put it down to a random bug !

But... I had a second flare up at the beginning of June ( this month ), Same again unable to have anything touch my skin for a day or so, followed by bad pain all over ! Although this time the pain does not seem to be subsiding =(

Strange thing though.. Exactly 2 weeks after, same sickness and stomach distended to the point of popping o.O

This seems to be tied to the flare ups, but not sure what it is or why !?

Does anybody else experience this after a flare up ? Its awfull and trying to work whilst having this is almost impossible =(

I am hoping to see my GP this afternoon ( although getting an appointment is like the chances of winning the lottery =/ ) Any help / advice about this greatly appreciated.. If you do get this what can i do to ease the over expanding stomach as it is very painfull and embarrasing =(

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Re: Distended stomach and nausia after flare up

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:47 pm

Hi Tina

It could be ibs? glad you are seeing your gp about it as they are the only ones who can give you the answers, its always best to see your gp when you have new symptoms just in case they are not linked to fibro.

:goodluck1: with your gp. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:13 pm

Hope you got some answers from your GP and are feeling better now :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby chookie » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:03 pm

Yep, that sounds like IBS, hoprfully your GP can sort you out with some Colofac or similar.
Fibromyalgia, M.E, IBS, General Anxiety Disorder, Dyspraxia, Discalculia
chookie
UKFM Member

Postby E-Bunny » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:05 am

Hi Guys,

Visited my GP whilst my stomach was still swollen... She thinks I have suffered some sort of food poisoning ( E-coli *sp or similar ), twice in 4 months seems a little odd to me though, with symptoms being exactly the same, and it does settle by itself after a week ish.

I am now going to keep a diary of my... um tummy problems lol.. same as i do for my pain ( as she does not think i have fibro even tho the locum that saw me when i was mid flare up said for deffinate that it was, but i am putting that in another post :-? ).

I am considering a change in GP as this one is a pain in the ass..

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia