depressive rant D:

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

depressive rant D:

Postby animeemo3 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:08 am

urgh! not a very good week :( realized today that for the past 6 months (and probably for the next 6), i have literally done nothing but sit on my bed, all day, every day. only really realized when the usual pains started jumping up and down my legs, arms, back and neck like electric despite lots of tramadol, then i moved off the bed and sat somewhere else and they stopped mostly. this sucks because i have nowhere else to sit so i have to sit on the bed and deal with it :( can't get out and do stuff, can't deal with the stairs before i even get out of my house, and even if that wasn't there, i still wouldn't have the energy or the patience to do something. seems like nothing i do works for very long D:
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Re: depressive rant D:

Postby denys » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:58 pm

Do you not have a chair in your room???? OT can arrange for you to have one so that you can get off your bed. If you cant manage the stairs at all how about a stair lift once again if you meet the criteria you can get one fitted by OT its no wonder you are depressed if you literally see the same 4 walls day in and day out
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby whoami » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:16 pm

animeemo3....like Denys has said, I can understand why you are so depressed. There has to be some sort of help out there for you. Do you have a care worker come in to help with things?
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby animeemo3 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:11 pm

there is a sofa in my room, but it aggravates my hips and back, so the bed is my only option. i have asked my council for an OT, but that was 4 weeks ago, and i can't afford the phone calls lol and its a shared house, so i can't have anything that modifies the building itself like stairlifts ect because there are other people living above me, and the stair are usually lined with bikes and things, so it wouldn't fit anyway. and no, i have never had a care worker, my OH does most things for me.
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:43 am

Is it at all possible for you to move into a bungalow where you could have easier access to outside?
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby animeemo3 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:14 am

i wish we could, but we were homeless for about a year before we found this bedsit, and our council (back then) wouldn't help us, and now our council says they can't possible help us unless we are homeless! really stupid. something to do with the amount of people wanting to get on the council housing list means they can't accept anyone new, even when someone is being made worse because of their accommodation, trust me i've tried lol
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Postby Tracie » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:28 am

if you have medical proof surely the council would help
Tracie
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia