The guardian report

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New Research Breakthrough

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:31 pm

As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: New Research Breakthrough

Postby denys » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:41 am

Really interesting read Lisa :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby chookie » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:16 pm

Wow, great stuff, very interesting and lets hope they carry on and find how to manage this :-D
Fibromyalgia, M.E, IBS, General Anxiety Disorder, Dyspraxia, Discalculia
chookie
UKFM Member

The guardian report

Postby Mk1divemaster » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:01 pm

Hi everyone ,

Just read a report in the guardian about fm very interesting reading, apparently results of how and why came from tests and experiments from the palm of the hand , please read and tell me what your thoughts are ,

https://www.facebook.com/sharon.abbott. ... 3810471844
Mk1divemaster
UKFM Member

Re: The guardian report

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:02 pm

The linky you have included requires FB being logged into for the report to be read. To make this a little easier, this is the direct linky to what The Guardian says http://guardianlv.com/2013/06/fibromyal ... ly-solved/ It seems to be creating quite a buzz on FB, not sure if it's trending on Twitter or on other social media sites tho.

This linky viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17354 is to another topic regarding the research, and on this one there is a linky to the report about the discovery which has additional info in it.

I think that The Guardian's comment
Now that the cause of Fibromyalgia has been pinpointed, patients are looking forward to an eventual cure.
is a bit misleading as it is being regarded as a "breakthrough" by the people who have carried out the research, which is what it is. That aside tho, it's another little piece of the puzzle that proves what we say all the time about there being physical origins and problems for FM rather than it being the psychological problem certain healthcare professionals like to believe and tell us.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:05 pm

It's a very interesting read Lisa and just what we wanted confirming, altho we have known that it is physical all along. I hope it's the first step in things moving much further forward much more quickly.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: The guardian report

Postby denys » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:47 pm

As Fluppy has said its just one more piece in this puzzle but hopefully a very important piece that can help us get some effective treatments in time :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Tantalus » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:36 pm

Woop! Finally confirmation it's not "all in our heads"!

I've not read anything regarding fibro that's made me smile in a while but.... happiness.... Yey!

Tant x
Tantalus
UKFM Member

Postby TATT » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:01 pm

I came on the forum today to say I had found these articles, I am so happy more so for the people that are still not being treated by their doctors because of the all in your head diagnosis.

Finally we will be taken seriously and they should now start throwing money into this now it's going to become a disease not a syndrome and relief and a possible cure is on its way.

Tatt x
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby Tantalus » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:59 pm

I was chatting to my OH about this earlier and my elation regarding it, then he said something interesting... He said 'That might go someway to explain the reddish mottled look which your hands have...'

Now, I've no idea about that but thought I'd put it out there... anyone else have that??

Tant x
Tantalus
UKFM Member

Postby TATT » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:00 am

I was thinking the same thing, my hands have always been mottled and darkish red. When pregnant they were concerned as they were almost purple.

Also my fibro pain started in my hands then went to my feet then spread. So I maybe more than food for thought Tant.

Tatt x
TATT
UKFM Member

Fibromyalgia mystery solved

Postby lisaward127 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:50 am

I think it is great that they are doing good quality research into Fibromyalgia, hope this will give us a cure soon.

http://guardianlv.com/2013/06/fibromyal ... ly-solved/
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Re: Fibromyalgia mystery solved

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:36 am

There have been a few mentions about it on here Lisa, and there is quite a buzz flying round on FB too as it's another little bit of proof that we are so desperate for to show others what we already know, that it is real and physical :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

has anyone else seen this ?

Postby E-Bunny » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:25 pm

http://guardianlv.com/2013/06/fibromyal ... ly-solved/

apparently its all in our hands !?

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Re: has anyone else seen this ?

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:49 pm

Hi

Thanks for the link. There has been many links regarding to this artical all over the boards :-D
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia