Need advice with stiffness please

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Need advice with stiffness please

Postby TATT » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:04 am

Hi Everyone,

I have been having trouble with my laying on my left shoulder at night. So I gave it some rest, but now when I lay on my left I get flank pain that wakes me each time I move.

I get so stiff I find it hard to turn over. It's very painful and lasts awhile after getting up then I loose the pain. Thing is its getting worse and the pain is now also on my right side and it is now moving round to the front. I stretch in the mornings but does anyone have any advice? I don't think my doctor can do anything for muscular pain.

I had costochondritus two years ago but that started with pain in my chest moving out, with the side rib age feeling like it was being prised open. This is different.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks Tatt x
TATT
UKFM Member

Re: Need advice with stiffness please

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:32 am

I would ask for a referal to a physio then they can assess whats exactly going on and advice you how to treat it and they can maybe help also.

I would advice to rub some heat or freeze gel into the area or a massage to help loosen the stiffness.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby whoami » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:57 pm

As Lisa suggested, I also would ask for a referral.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:07 am

Hi Tatt

The one thing I got out of my physio sessions was how to stretch out the stiff parts of my body. Though it took a fair few weeks for me to get the hang of it I did really feel a difference in the stiffness I felt.

I no longer go to physio but I still do stretches most days. They are the kinds you will see in the warm up/cool down sections of exercise dvd's and I've found these to really help me. Plus my physio showed me how to expand and develop the stretches I already knew to really benefit my body.

Definitely worth a go Tatt as they can tailor a programme specifically for you.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby TATT » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:38 pm

Thanks I appreciate the advice but it will probably go before I see a physio. I am still waiting to see one about my neck that was 3 months ago.

I might check out the net or YouTube to find some stretching exercises perhaps doing them before bed might help to.

Thx Tatt x
TATT
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia