absolutely no energy.......

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

absolutely no energy.......

Postby kazisedso » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:09 pm

Hi everyone,
Hope you are all ok... cannot even offer you gentle hugs because i am so...so..tired.

Had a bit of stress last night with 11 year old son, and i knew i would pay for it today.... but not like this :shock:
The pain and the aching is just like having Flu, Hay fever on top of that and i may as well have the Flu.
I feel awful..... :cry: :cry:

Tried to go and do a little grocery shopping with my husband this morning,( that in itself is a great feat for me i avoid it like the plague, anxiety and social phobia!) but, i took my time, used my crutches, but i just felt like i was in everyone's way because i can't walk very fast ( snails pace doesn't even describe it).has anyone else felt like this whilst shopping etc? only really noticed it today but saturday morning is not the best time to try and do a little shopping in a relaxed manner is it? lol.

Anyway i couldn't manage to go around the shop, so had to go back to the car..... by the time i got there my hubby was back at the car :shock:
There are no other words for it except i feel like CRAP :shock: (sorry)
I am just going to have to go back to bed and try and regain some energy to use later... even typing this is killing me.

Have tried to just relax on the sofa, but i am just hurting so much everywhere....... :cry:

Whinge over... going back to bed to try and rest.... tramadol in hand.... x
Karen
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Re: absolutely no energy.......

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:53 pm

Sometimes Karen, because we know we're likely to be paying a price for something, when it does hit us, it can feel like everything thing has been turned up all the way to 11 :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Add in some remaining thoughts and feelings you have from the stress with your son, and it can have an impact on how we think and react to other things around us :( :( :(

Being slower than usual while you were shopping was pretty much inevitable, unfortunately :( :( :( The way it made you feel tho, as if you were in everyone's way, may have come about from how you were perceiving things based on last night's happenings and how you were feeling. If you were able to ask the people who you saw, and who saw you in the store, they would probably say that with you using crutches, your being slower is something that they would be expecting to be the case, and would therefore be allowing for it whilst you were all in the same area.

With the way FM plays with us and screws up virtually everything along the way, we sometimes assume that people will be thinking about situations in the exact same way that we are. However, despite our attempts at mind reading, quite often it isn't the case and they are thinking about their own concerns. They may even be doing some inaccurate mind reading of their own :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :shock: :shock: :shock:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby kazisedso » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:50 pm

Hi FluppyPuffy ,

I have just got up from resting and had a little sleep......and re-read what i had put in the previous post.

Think you are right.... my perception of what other folks where thinking was probably way off as i was so tired..... i still am :roll: :!:
Not sure if i'm coming down with something as i am still feeling really flu-like... achey etc.

I kind of knew that the stress from last night would mean pay-back today but wasn't expecting it to be this bad :(
Just when i was beginning to get on an even keel so to speak.
I have had a lot going on in these past 3 weeks, tests, appointments,clinics, gp , OT.
I am at the beginning of my journey dealing with what fibromyalgia brings hour to hour, day to day.
Still trying to get used to the pacing myself..... but i think i am doing better in that respect. still have had some spoons left by mid afternoon..... :-)
But today all the spoons were used up before i had even got out of bed so i was onto a loser straight away :roll: .
Thanks for replying and your thoughts re-the shopping etc.. appreciate it. :flowers:
Karen
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Postby Tracie » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:59 pm

Hugs
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:16 pm

With what you've said about the past few weeks and what you've had going off Karen, it sounds like it all decided to catch up with you and bite you in the bum all at once :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: This happens sometimes, it's as if FM has to remind us that it's still there and will be, esp during those times when we think we're getting to grips with what we have been dealt.

Times like this can and do come along as you're on your FM quest, but with each one there will be something to learn from it that will help make future ones a touch easier to deal with.

You should start to find your way back into your groove again once this particular flare starts to settle back down, and hopefully there will be some spare spoons left in the drawer again :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:14 pm

Just think lots of new shiney spoons will be waiting for you tomorrow,

To get the best out of them try some of the relaxation techniques I was taught on a managing your chronic illness class .........to night to relax and calm a bit more, think positive thoughts and visulalise nice calming places, ........a woodland glade, sitting by the beach and listening to the waves, watching the flame of a candle .

Then when you wake up tomorrow hopefully the full set of sppons will be there in teh drawer just for you :-D
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia