Pain and useless legs

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pain and useless legs

Postby Bexbexbex » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:01 am

Hoya Again!
Asking more advice! Love this forum, helped me so much!

So... I've been suffering fm for a few years and got a diagnosis in may I also have ibs and arthritis in my back. I'm only 23.
My question is does anyone wake up in the morning with a extremely painful leg/ legs? So sore I can't even put my feet on the floor to weight bear. It feels like my hip/hips are in a vice grip and there's shooting pains up and down my legs. And pressure because my legs are so swollen , feel like my skin is going to burst because the pressure is immense along with the pain. Also another way to describe it it's like a hot poker being pushed into my hip and knee and ankle. Most times it's only one leg and I shuffle and hop about the house but then that causes more pain in my other leg!
Haha! Can never win when it comes to fm can we?!
I'm on 1800mg gabapentine and 2x 30/500 co codamol 4 times a day. Going to doctors today to get stronger painkillers. Xxx thank all xxx
Bexbexbex
UKFM Member

Re: Pain and useless legs

Postby mililly » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:06 am

Hi

I have it bad in my legs and some days i can barely walk. Standing from being seated is also a struggle. Ive tridd all painkillers going but nothing seems to totally get rid of it. I also have sord feet so if i walk round to losen my knees etc i then fet really painful feet so cant win. Hopefully you wil get sorted. Im hoping when i see rheumatologist today she will give me some decent medication.
mililly
UKFM Member

Re: Pain and useless legs

Postby LouLou » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:51 am

Hi Bex

Since FM flared up in me it's affected my legs and feet the worst. I have days where they feel so heavy and sore to touch and I end up hobbling around like a 90 year old (I'm only 30 lol)

I have to say that the pain I feel is more of a deep throbbing ache rather than a sharp shooting pain, but with FM it affects us all so differently.

I always find that the mornings are the worst and I'm usually really stiff so I have a soak in the bath each morning which helps ease off the pain. I have also recently discovered Arnica gel (thanks to another member of the forum) it is a a gel which is all natural and you gently rub it on the areas it hurts. I've been using it since last Thursday on my left calf as it's been particularly bad and I have to say that even though it's not a miracle cure it really has helped ease the throbbing.

Hot water bottles also help me.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Pain and useless legs

Postby Bexbexbex » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:06 pm

Hhiya! Thanks for the replies.
Been doctors today and she told me I've got sciatica too. Another thing that I've got :( it's never ending :(

But yeh I do agree with my fibro I get like bad swelling and throbbing and heat. It is awful.

Doc told me to start my amytriptiline tonight, to see if that helps, she hopes after a few weeks that it will be my main painkiller. As she continued to tell me that normal painkillers like co codamol don't work too well for the fibro side of my pain :(

Hope the rheumatologist had some advice and meds for you xxx
Bexbexbex
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia