Can you have fibro and cfs

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Can you have fibro and cfs

Postby evie15 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:44 pm

Maybe nobody, even the doctors really know.

Somewhat scary.
evie15
UKFM Member

Postby oldsheep » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:27 am

I got CFS/M.E in 1988 and developed fibro about 10 years later. For me the main difference is the sore throats and glands that go with CFS, and the weirder muscle and nerve rubbish that goes with fibro as well as the insomnia with the latter.
oldsheep
UKFM Member

Postby Purpledot » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:12 pm

I have no idea which condition is responsible for which symptom, and when I actually contracted either of them. My diagnoses were way after I had started knowing things weren't right at the age of 17, so no idea of which came first, or if, indeed, they came together.

My GP tried to refer me to a CFS/ME clinic to get some advice on pacing etc, but they refused to see me as I also had Fibro. He has re-referred me with a differently worded letter and has included a list of symtpoms I gave him. I am hoping they will see me this time. I will then ask for clarification as to what is causing what, although maybe they won't actually be able to tell me. That is, of course, if they actualy agree to see me! Apparently, if pain is one of the main symptoms they won't touch you with a barge pole!

I wish they would set up some clinics for people suffering from both conditions, as this does seem to be a relatively common combination. :-?
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia