Could I be 'cured'??!!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Could I be 'cured'??!!

Postby Picklepudding » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:40 pm

I've always said I wasn't 100% convinced of the fibro diagnosis. One of my other complaints was quite a bad vitamin d deficiency. I had to take a massive daily dose of vitamin d for a week and then back down to a more normal dose, and my symptoms have improved! I'm walking without a limp for the first time in months and many of my other aches and pains have significantly improved! I'm still exhausted ( but that's been going on for years anyway). So I do wonder whether my symptoms were caused by the Vitamin D deficiency?!? I'm really hoping so anyway!!! I've got my fingers crossed x
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Re: Could I be 'cured'??!!

Postby SchroedingersCat » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:57 pm

*fingers crossed for you*
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby Picklepudding » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:00 pm

Thank you x
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Postby Janet Poole » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:33 pm

Hi. . Let's hope so I was put on vitamin d replacement 2 weeks ago as I had no vitamin d in my body at all got to take 1 every other day for 2 months then a blood test if it's gone up I have to take one a week for the foreseeable future. . Must say it's really helped my psoriasis but not done anything for my fibromyalgia or arthritis. . Here hoping and glad your feeling better :chicken-dance:
Janet Poole
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:35 pm

Hi
It sounds like your problems could have been due to the Vit D deficiency? as there is no cure for fibro and as you did not have a 100% dx for it so it is possible you did not have fibro in the first place.?

I hope you continue to feel better now you are topping up on the vit D. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:43 pm

The symptoms of FM and Vit D deficiency do have a lot of similarities, so being mis~dx'd is always a possibility. The only way to really tell tho is to to see how things go over a period of time. It is possible to have both conditions, and for things to improve as you get your Vit D level back to where they should be. But if you reach a point where these improvements start to slow down or even stop, then it is possible that you do actually have FM and what you are left feeling and experiencing is due to it.

Saying that tho, I do hope that it turns out just to be the Vit D deficiency that has been making you feel so rubbish and that continuing with the supplements will keep making this wonderful difference to you as having this condition is flamin' awful all the time.
:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Tracie » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:49 pm

Good luck.
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:52 pm

hi, fingers crossed for you to but please give it time before you start pushing your body thinking you are ok,

dont mean to put a damper on you but we all do it we feel a bit better one day and start doing all the things we couldne do for a week and bam,

hope you continue to feel better.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:15 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: for a misdx and it was down to the vit D but as MB has put dont push things too fast just in case :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D but so glad you are feeling better :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia