Lower arms and wrists burning pain.. Help

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Lower arms and wrists burning pain.. Help

Postby E-Bunny » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:31 pm

Hi Guys,

My job is based mainly doing work on a PC.. More and more now i am finding that from my elbows down are becoming really painfull.. The pain is makes my muscles feel like they are burning.. Its making it unbearable to type and use the mouse...

This pain is also in my knees and lower legs when i have been sat for some time.. Stiffness is also becoming a major problem =(

Any tips on how to continue doing my work whilst not aggravating my arms and legs ? I do get up often, and have to stretch constantly ( although it doesnt relieve the stiffness =/ ) but nothing seems to alleiviate the pin :(

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Re: Lower arms and wrists burning pain.. Help

Postby zaralala » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi,
Yep, I get all those symptoms.
I also get burning in my feet.
I have changed to a mouse with a ball, this means you are not constantly moving the mouse around.
I also have acupuncture for my arms.
Its a real pain.
x
zaralala
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:02 pm

Does your employer know about your FM dx??? If not, it might be worth considering telling them about it as there may be things they can provide you to make things a little more comfortable, such as a more suitable chair to help with with posture, pain etc, more suitable/ergonomic mouse and/or keyboard.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby E-Bunny » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:17 pm

Thanks for the replies !

I have always informed my bos and HR as soon as i have a dx ! The were very supportive with my epilepsy. I will ask about help with supports etc, as they already have another employee that has been dx this year with Fibro ( i have only just found out though ).. I may even go and speak to her to find out what she does/ has to get her through the day more comfortably :!: that is though if they are allowed to tell me who it is !! She may have asked that her dx stay private.

I have phoned my gp surgery to see if i can get a prescription of over the counter strentgh cocodamol, as they will not sell it to me due to it can aggravate epilepsy :shock: but never had issues with it before i told them i had e lol... But they wont give it too me unless i have a prescription now :-?

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:47 pm

E-Bunny..........Have you discussed the burning sensation with your Dr? I had the same in my arms and wrists. I could not sleep at night and it was hard to pick up a pencil. I was diagnosed with Carpul Tunnel. I had both wrists repaired and the burning etc has gone. We sometimes tend to blame fibro for everything and sometimes that is not the case.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Delight » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:55 pm

Hi I work with PC's. I have Dragon (http://www.nuance.com/dragon/index.htm) and quill nib (http://www.aerobicmouse.com/software-overview/nib/) still in agony but if didn't have would be out of a job. :(
Delight
UKFM Newbie

Postby andyjsmith » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:01 pm

Hi, I've had the same problem for a number of years. I use a computer most days mostly using the mouse. After years of pain I discovered a computer programme that tells you when to have breaks and gives you exercises. Wellnomics workplace is the name.

This helped to some degree, but the pain continued. In the end I switched to a left handed mouse which is a vertical mouse and this helped lots. It didn't take too long to get used to a left handed mouse and this coupled with the exercises limits the pain and helps live like more like a normal person.

Hope this helps.
andyjsmith
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia