SOME GOOD NEWS..... for a change :-)

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

SOME GOOD NEWS..... for a change :-)

Postby kazisedso » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:25 am

Hello all,
hope the sunshine is helping to soothe some of your aches and pains :-D :-D

Last time i posted was Monday and that was about a mobility scooter, thanks for all the replies and comments, which i took on board and they really did help :-D

I have had a bit of a rough week pain and fatigue and depression wise, but, despite that, i applied for a Blue Badge on discretionary grounds as i do not receive HRM, well, not at the moment.

Was totally expecting to have to do a mobility assessment for the badge as my O.T.said it would be likely.
Anyway i applied and i have been successful, badge has been issued yay :chicken-dance: no mobility assessment needed, so i must have put enough info on the application form.
It is nice to feel believed and that your mobility problems are taken seriously :-D
If anyone else out there has to apply for a blue badge on discretionary grounds, then please do try, you may just be pleasantly surprised :!:

Here's to a fab weekend, i know its going to be way too hot for some of us and he pollen will be high, but, the sun has got his hat on, and i intend to have a great weekend whilst i can.

Karen. x
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Re: SOME GOOD NEWS..... for a change :-)

Postby whoami » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:45 am

Karen, sorry to hear you had a bad week.
Isn't it nice that sometimes things happen as they are supposed to.? Do you get the blue badge for life or do you have to renew it every few years? Over here you renew in 5 years and then if you are likely not to recover you no longer have to reapply, they issue one for life.
I hope that in getting the blue badge and a scooter your daily living will become more enjoyable. x
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby kazisedso » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:11 am

Hi Whoami,

I have been issued the blue badge for the next 3 years, then i will have to re-apply.

I am still trying to make 'friends' with my mobility scooter, but, she is good to me when i need her to be and so i appreciate her help in that ;-) ;-) lol

Karen
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Postby Purpledot » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:16 am

That's great news, Karen. It's so nice that some of us do get the support we need without having to battle through appeal after appeal.

On a general note, do you think it is worth applying for a blue badge if the reason you can't walk very far is due to balance problems? I really do have huge problems walking any great distance and if, on the odd occasion I do venture out, DH could park as near as possible to where we need to go it would be such a relief and I would probably end up going out more.

Does anyone think it's worth applying?

(Sorry for semi-hijacking your thread, Karen! :oops: )
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Postby shelly-biddle » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:17 am

Hey Karen,

That is fantastic news! Im looking at applying for a badge myself. Im in Sandwell and would love for some advice if you wouldnt mind.

Shelly
shelly-biddle
UKFM Newbie

Postby salimrashid » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:41 am

sorry to hear you have not been feeling well, really happy to hear you got your disable badge, i don't receive any banfit as its on appily for two month. not been given any eply date yet.
but i did apply for the badge had my medical on Monday, haven't hard yet, i keep my fingers crossed,
salimrashid
UKFM Newbie

Postby suecam » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:54 am

Hi, how and where did you apply for your blue badge? I'm having difficulty walking any distance at the moment and need to accept at times I need a stick. My husband was wondering if I was entitled to the badge, I'm on high rate ESA. Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.xx
suecam
UKFM Member

Postby Tracie » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:00 pm

Great news.
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby kazisedso » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi all,
Yes, if you have got difficulties with your mobility then please do try and apply.

i applied here https://www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge ( hope it's ok to post the link)
you apply via this website and then it is sent to your local authority for them to consider it.

The form is not that bad and it gives you plenty of opportunity to explain the problems and difficulties that you are having re-mobility, disablement, walking.

Just be honest about how things are affected on a day to day basis, if you struggle with walking any distance then i definitely think its worth applying for, why shouldn't you? Chronic pain conditions like fibromyalgia can and does cause significant mobility problems and even with physiotherapy and pain medication, these mobility problems are often not really made any better.
It is a life long condition that varies day to day how it debilitates you.
We are unfortunately getting older and that too brings along other age related problems with mobility and walking.

Go for it... apply, whats the worst they could say??

best of luck.....
Karen
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Postby salimrashid » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi it's good news for me to after writing to you want checked my post and received a latter saying that I am eligible for blue badge and its been ordered and it will be posted to me soon.
salimrashid
UKFM Newbie

Postby kazisedso » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:48 pm

YAY!! Salimrashid,

Excellent news :-D :welldone:
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:19 pm

Fab news for you Karen :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: And for you salimrashid :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: Just the sort of thing we like to hear :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Karen, with you saying
kazisedso wrote:I am still trying to make 'friends' with my mobility scooter, but, she is good to me when i need her to be and so i appreciate her help in that ;-) ;-) lol

Maybe finding out what to call her and what sort of character she has could help with the making "friends" stage. Then, when you know what her name is and what she's like, maybe giving her a little personalisation will mean that you eventually become BFFs :f1-car: :f1-car: :f1-car:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:02 pm

So glad to hear folks good news love it when people get a hand up in life rather than always fighting the system. Enjoy your badges Karen & salimrashid.( a corrie fan methinks or just coincidence)
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:09 am

So glad you were successful :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:25 pm

hi, so happy for you it dose make such a diffrence,

take care and no speeding xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia