Coastal Living

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Coastal Living

Postby kitten » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:18 pm

I know there are people we live all over the uk and beyond that post on here , does any one live by the coast .
Myself and my OH have had enough of having 600+ kids playing at the bottom of our garden from 8 in the morning till 6 at night 5 nights then we have the football training in summer from 7 - 8 most night then we have it from 10 -12 each Sat & Sunday and today we have the football faye along with the bouncy castle etc and the B-B Que, and of course the lovely disco can we sit in our garden NO :evil: only if you have super super headphones on

as you will have gathered I live at the back of a school & have done since 1974 never any problems before , but they joined the infants with the junior double the kids double the noise ,plus we have a new head who thinks that she above approach doe's not respond to any phone calls or letters from any of the neighbours .

We have been thinking for a couple of months of selling up and moving to Wales ( Newquay )we have seen a lovely Park Home site there
(Schooner Park) is there any one who lives in that part of Wales and if you do what is it like for D R and shops etc , this situation with the school is really got to me and I am sure that is why I am getting so many flare up I feel on edge all the time :evil: :evil: :evil:
kitten
UKFM Member

Re: Coastal Living

Postby linoak90 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi Kitten I'm a tad confused as Newquay is in Cornwall unless there is another one in Wales. If you mean Newquay in Cornwall we lived there twenty years ago I had my second child there boy does that make me feel old, any way we only stayed there a year. Although the area is beautiful come winter everything closes its like walking through a ghost town lol, back then when I was young and fit everything and everybody seemed so laid back and chilled and I couldn't stand it as I was one of these busy busy busy mums. But now given the choice I would move back there in a heart beat. Hope this was of some use.

Love n hugs.

Lin. X
linoak90
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:01 pm

I was thinking Newquay in Cornwall as well with it being written as one word :oops: :oops: :oops: But a quick look at Mr Googly's SatMap has thrown up New Quay.

Not been there personally, and don't know of anyone who has or has lived there I'm afraid, so not really much help :( :( :( :( :( The numerous images and piccies of the place make it look lovely tho.

Not really like what you're experiencing, but with a coastal link, my folks retired to the east coast a couple of years ago and for them it has been the best thing that the have ever done. Completely different pace of life that has made them feel much more relaxed and happy, even during the busy holiday season as there is always something happening round about, as well as things that make them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We try to go and see them for weekends as often as possible because that relaxed feeling is highly contagious and makes a real difference to how I feel :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:44 pm

Beautiful area and given the choice I would go like a shot but my children and grandchildren live with me and near by so moving isnt an option for me at present. I would go and stay in a B&B for a few days, have a look round and get a feel for the place before jumping straight in as you dont want to do frying pan to fire :shock: :shock: :shock: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: lets know what you decide to do :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby kitten » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:00 pm

Thanks for your replies have made arrangements to go down on Tuesday Denys.

The back of my neck and top of my shoulders went in to spasms yesterday 30 dec and I had a wheat bag round my shoulders it was that bad It hurt to open my mouth I am not soft but it really was painful , so it was back to the Diazepam and codeine , my OH reckons it was all down to being so uptight about the noise from the school etc.
I can just about move my neck this morning , roll on Tuesday , our son is coming with us see what he thinks he is very level headed and thinks things through .

Sorry for being misleading It is New Quay Ceredigion Wales

Will let you know how things go
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:06 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you all love the place Kitten it must be hard living right by the school :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby kitten » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:27 am

Hi Denys one word brilliant :-D :-D you was right we all loved the place felt at home right away :-) my house now on the market board up on Monday dont wont to get to excited just, yet fingers :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
kitten
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia