Is this a fibro thing or hypermobilty ?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Is this a fibro thing or hypermobilty ?

Postby blueeyes64 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:46 pm

Sometimes I feel like my limbs are in a different position to what they are !
I was laid in bed this morning deciding whether to get up and I felt like I had my hands clasped together, but when I moved them they weren't even near each other :-?
I get this with my legs and feet too.I have read that people with hypermobilty often aren't aware of where their limbs are in space so to speak.
blueeyes64
UKFM Member

Re: Is this a fibro thing or hypermobilty ?

Postby denys » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:13 pm

mmmnnnn I thing a trip to the docs is in order just to be on the safe side, you should hopefully get your answers asap :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: Is this a fibro thing or hypermobilty ?

Postby Flash » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:57 pm

What you have heard about hypermobility is right. Some people who have it have joint proprioception (think I spelt it right) where the person is unable to determine the exact position of parts of their body or how stretched their joints are. This is why some people seem un aware they are sat in what others would see as an impossible position.

I have hypermobility syndrome but as far as I know do not have joint proprioception.

Hope that helps. But if you have anything new crop up, it is always best to seek advise from reputable sources, GP or physiotherapist perhaps. Take care.
Flash
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia