Diagnosed today

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Diagnosed today

Postby Henri » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:58 pm

After a long fight with different doctors I'm finally there I've been diagnosed with fm, when he first told me I was happy as I finally can move on, the fact that all over doctors had looked at me crazy to find some who listened and helped was a relief.

That joy was short lived as my legs have stopped working again and it's as if I'm learning to walk again, legs are so weak. My question is what happens now, will I ever get back to my old self?? Will we get control of it?.

So many feelings relief as we have something to work with but then gutted as I'm still in pain and not able to return to work yet, also called pavin management who this rhumy said was best place to find its a 12/14week wait, what 14 weeks do people not understand the problems at moment I just want to be sorted and get better.

Sorry about rant xx
Henri
UKFM Member

Re: Diagnosed today

Postby clubsound4 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:44 am

I was diagnosed in Jan this year and had to wait 6 months for the pain clinic in the meantime my gp was brilliant, trying me on different things etc, have been put on Lyrica 125mg morn and 125mg at nite am awaiting further appointment,,but I remember being relieved when I was diagnosed ,, soft hugsss, welcome to the club :-D
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:59 am

Hope you manage to get some help soon Henri and maybe we can supply some answers for you, the most important thing to do is to pace carry out a task by breaking it down into smaller pieces resting in between each bit, listen to your body and do not overdo things and hopefully you will manage to get through the 14 weeks of waiting
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:36 am

Glad you've finally got a name for things Henri. It's not unusual for the relief to be short lived tho, it seems to be as if the enormity of what the condition is, and the fact that it can only be managed rather than got rid of hits you all at once, not that we tend to need to be reminded about such things :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Give yourself chance to let things sink in and hopefully you'll find things coming back to how they have been for you.

Compared to some areas, your 12~14 weeks wait for an appt with Pain Management is quite short, and there's always a chance that an appt might come thru earlier, esp if you say that you're prepared to accept a cancellation, should one come up. You could also use some of this time to make sure you have got everything as sorted as possible for when you do get your appt, as giving them as much detail as you can about the levels of pain you experience and how it impacts on your life will hopefully help with finding the best possible treatment(s) for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Tracie » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:44 am

Hugs
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby Henri » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:48 am

Thanks for all your advice and hugs it helps on days like this and I will keep positive and strong x
Henri
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia