driving me mad

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

driving me mad

Postby Butterfly8588 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:12 am

Hi there,
I seem to have developed a new symptom and I don't quite know how to deal with it and wondered if anyone had some tips.
Basically last night (monday) I started having weird feelings in my chest as well as heart palpitations and discomfort. Given that I have a heart condition I was a bit worried but what's bothering me more is that my left arm has gone really weird and it's driving me mad. It's all tingly and a bit stiff and it hurts randomly and I'm so aware of it all the time I just can't forget about it.
I went to see my dr today and had an ECG which was fine and he said he thinks its my fibro being aggravated by the heat.
Does anyone else get this arm thing? Does it go away quickly?

Thank you xxx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Re: driving me mad

Postby Henri » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:35 am

If it helps I get tingle arms my right is worse along with shooting pains into hand and burning feeling in armpit .I was only dx yesterday I'm very much a learner, but I've just put my arm as it is down to fm. Hope this helps xx :-D
Henri
UKFM Member

Postby ghosty1964 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:36 am

i had exactly the same as you before i was diagnosed with fibro,thought it was heart trouble pains in chest and arm,and tingled right down to my fingers.but it must be just another symptom.
ghosty1964
UKFM Newbie

Postby Tracie » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:45 am

can you mention it to gp
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby Purpledot » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:06 am

Yes, I get lots of weird sensations in my arms, including shooting pains, tingling, involuntary shaking and jerks, momentary loss of power in hands, trembling feeling in my arm muscles and an urge to fling my arms around!!

I also get pain across my chest muscles.

I am going to ask my GP if I can get my neck/upper spine checked out as I get a lot of pain, stiffness etc there and feel it may all be connected.

Hope yours settles down soon.
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:45 am

Butterfly8588 wrote: I went to see my dr today and had an ECG which was fine and he said he thinks its my fibro being aggravated by the heat.
Does anyone else get this arm thing? Does it go away quickly?

Thank you xxx

For anything new, changing/worsening, or just giving general cause for concern, it's always best to do what you have already mentioned and have it checked out rather than just assuming it is FM related, as there are times where something else is at work and causing the problem.

I
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Butterfly8588 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:38 pm

Hi everyone,
Thank you for your replies. My arms feeling better, no where near as bad as it was, i hope it continues! To be honest im more worried about my chest now. The pain/discomfort in my chest has become more obvious to me over the last few days. Its always there but it gets worse when i move around and when im hotter and sometimes it feels like my chest cant expand as much as it used to even though i dont feel wheezy.
The pain/discomfort is also in my back and left arm at times and ive made the grave error of asking Dr Google and ive gone and scared myself now!
Anyway thank you for your replies. I genuinely hope you are all having a good day today and are not suffering to bad.

Take Care xxx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia