affects of weather

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

affects of weather

Postby art girl » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:58 pm

Ive been good for a while, but today I woke up with numbness, pain, stiffness. Normally i losen up through the day, not today, i fell asleep as soon as i returned from work. The weather has been so hot, I read that warmth is meant to be good for fybro. Do others suffer more in the heat?
art girl
UKFM Member

Re: flare ups

Postby Happy(jerky)feet » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:35 am

Morning I haven't said good as it isn't . Am I having a flare up .Since the hot weather began i have been feeling horrible .I am so tired and achey .I am drinking enough and taking my meds etc.. I have a part time job that currently cannot do . How long will I feel like this .A friend recommends that I take magnesium and vit b complex ,I think I will try these as soon as I can .
Happy(jerky)feet
UKFM Member

Re: flare ups

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:12 pm

It's not really possible to say how long you will be feeling like you currently do Happy(jerky)feet as it varies so much for all of us. For some it may be a day or so, for others it could be quite a bit longer.

This hot weather seems to have taking a toll on most of us these past few days (and nights :( :( ) I've been feeling really ill with it, and have ended up with migraines for the past couple of days that even all my meds at max dosage have been struggling to contain. And as for the nights and :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: that has been pretty much non~existent for me as I haven't been able to find any position or place that it cool or comfortable enough for me to rest properly.

With there not being an awful lot of change in the forecast for the next few days around here, I'm just having to ride it out and hope that things start to become a bit more manageable.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: affects of weather

Postby denys » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:42 am

Hi artgirl have split your post off from the original as it might get more posts being separate from the other, in answer to your question yes the weather seems to affect us greatly, our thermostats dont work properly (or in some cases at all) so we can feel cold when others dont or over hot when its warm.

Happy(jerky)feet check with either your doc/nurse or even pharmacist whether any of the supplements you are thinking of trying would interact with the meds you are currently on, as Flup said no-one can say how long you will feel the way you do but if you pace yourself properly you may find things start to settle down a little for you. Listen to your body, break down any tasks you are doing into small chunks, complete one chunk then rest for as long as is necessary then do the second chunk and so on its one of the best tools you can use
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Happy(jerky)feet » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:03 am

Thanks for tips guys :-) . In a lot of pain with my legs and have this weird spaced out feeling ,at least it's an excuse to not do the housework :lol: take care of yourselves x
Happy(jerky)feet
UKFM Member

Postby Tracie » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:05 am

sorry you feeling unwell get well soon.
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby Janet Poole » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:14 am

Morning all. . At last people who agree with me that this weather is soul destroying. . I also have psoriatic arthritis on top of fibromyalgia and several other delightful problems . . People say oh you must be glad to feel the heat with your conditions. . Can't get them to understand that the heat makes my joints swell muscles stiffer and saps what little energy I do have. . Roll on winter lol. . Gentle hugs to all :hugs: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
Janet Poole
UKFM Member

Postby kat101 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:31 am

I am so sorry for everyone of you that is suffering because of the heat. The weather affects me as well but in reverse to what it has to you. When it is cold and rainy I suffer immensely but when it is warm like this I am so much better. After the long winter we had this is welcome weather to me. As someone said it varies as to how someone is affected by the weather. I hope you feel better soon.

Kat101
kat101
UKFM Member

Postby SchroedingersCat » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:10 am

Oh dear, I'm the opposite to everyone but Kat101 - I've been feeling almost my old self since the heatwave started. Sorry to hear it's affecting others adversely :(
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby Purpledot » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:18 am

I'm another one who seems to be suffering in this heat. I feel even more drained than usual, and my pain and tingling levels are worse.

However, I am enjoying the evenings when the sun is off the conservatory and I can sit with my feet up and enjoy the breeze coming through the doors.

I'm never satisfied, though, as I HATE having the central heating on in the winter as this seems to drain me as much as the hot summer weather. Perpetual spring would be perfect for me!!
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Postby HazelB » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:21 am

I love the sunshine and warm weather but I also struggle if it gets too hot. Doesn't help that I also take hot flushes lol xxx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby fibrobilly » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:25 pm

I also suffer when it is really warm and when its really cold, but if you think about it if our nerve endings are far more sensative than someone who does not have fibro, we are going to feel a lot hotter :oops:
,and also a lot colder, hope it makes sense.
fibrobilly
UKFM Member

Postby ouchiemama » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:32 pm

Its a strange one & seems to affect people differently. I found when I was abroad & had nothing to do but lie about the pool Iwas so much better painwise, just stiff in the morning & gettin up or turning on the sunbed was a bit of a struggle! But here agh its not the same at all unfortunately, I feel more fatigued, zero energy or motivation & just the same constant pain as usual!!

I just dont get it at all!! Its such an unpredictable, frustrating illness that appears to affect everyone differently! :crazy: :crazy:

:grouphug: xxx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia