How do I feel

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

How do I feel

Postby Tracie » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:06 am

How do I feel people keep asking me.
Tracie
UKFM Member

Re: How do I feel

Postby Janet Poole » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:22 am

Tell them till their ears bleed Tracie. . Took me a long time to make people understand what this is like I told them to imagine being tied up with very restricted movement the worst cramp you have ever felt in every muscle and as though you had done a 10 mile cross country race. . Or with my family I made them read about it. . Xxx
Janet Poole
UKFM Member

Postby karen59 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:02 am

Difficult one - I told my family and friends 14 years ago when first got it and remind them now and again - but they still don't get it so I just keep quiet now and get on with it all the best I can - hope you have a better day - keep smiling :-D
karen59
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:01 pm

Tracie....keep it simple, you are having a great day or not so good.

Unless the person who asks really understands fibro, you may be wasting your words. A lot of people ask how you are, not that they are really interested, rather it is just the thing to ask.

You can explain your illness to someone, they either listen and understand or they don't. If you feel you need to explain in detail either print off info for them to read or tell them where to get the info. That is all you can do. What they do with the info is up to them, not you. You really don't owe anyone explanation or do you have to justify anything.

On the other hand....always explain exactly how you feel to your medical care workers. I was told once by my Dr....If you don't tell everyone how you feel then how can we treat you. I had a bad habit of not letting people know all the symptoms, thinking they will go away or pretending they are not there at all.

Tracie....don't stress yourself in thinking you need to tell people about your illness. You don't have to tell people all your daily symptoms . You know what is wrong with you, that is all that matters.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia