carers

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

carers

Postby karen42 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:09 pm

hi all
Does any of you on the forum have a carer.I sometimes feel I need one most days really house chorus seems to be getting to me even vacuuming seems to hurt my hands wrist and arms. My oh works full time Monday to Friday but he helps out when ever he can he does All the house cleaning on a weekend. My three teenagers carnt help much either two are in full time education and one is in full time work. And my eldest son isn't much use around the house. most days it takes me forever to get motivated then when I do I seem to feel shattered and drained :cry :I do also have family that live near by but they are has much use has a chocolate fireguard. Any advice would be appreciated
karen42
UKFM Member

carers

Postby kazisedso » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:13 pm

Hi Karen42

My husband is my carer, and I have 3 boys living at home, aged 18,11&10.
They will help if they are pushed to do it(usually when I flip!! Which is counter productive!!). But for the most, unless my poor hubby gets stuck in, or both of us, when I'm feeling well enough, then I can tell you, my house is generally a tip!! It drives me crazy, I see all this mess and at times I get so blooming frustrated that I will try and clear some of it up
This lasts for about 20mins if I'm lucky, then I am completely shattered.
They are just being lazy and they know that when mum isn't well she won't push it... And that's true as I can't deal with confrontation, and stress just makes it worse so I avoid it.
Doesn't help the hoovering or cleaning to get done tho :-0!!
We need the housework fairies to be kind and visit us once in a while ;)!
Take care
Karen
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Re: carers

Postby mililly » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:25 pm

I have much ths szme problem working oh and 3 kids..wil do something shen nagged and asked but most of the time oblivious to it..and i get annoyed and stressed and then they wonder why...
mililly
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:52 pm

If you are planning on employing a carer you may find that they don't do housework. They will however help you with your personal needs and even make sure you are fed, but that's it. if you need a cleaner then employ someone to clean. Or get your lazy children to help. I have the same problem my daughter, she is back from university for the summer and although she cooks dinner most evenings she does little else. If you are going to pay for someone then decide what you need them to do and employ them on that basis.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby debbie0499 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:52 pm

My husband is my carer.
he helps with chores, my 10+2Year old.
ironing,basically everything.
He showers,me shaves me legs the lot.

Even my 10yr old helps do bits.but weary that
shes a child and am her mum.so dont let her
do to much.

i have a friends aunty who cleans every Friday
for me,ironing,cleaning bathroom etc.
she does it for a bit of extra cash. If you know
anyone that may do the things you find hard.
but a bit of extra money.

i started having probs when i was 23yr old. Am
35 now. Got a help this year.as found it increasingly
difficult to cope.
i have other probs as well as fibro, a tumor on my spine, arthritis
so any help i get is a god send.
debbie0499
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia