Twitching facial muscles

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Twitching facial muscles

Postby JemmaB88 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:47 pm

Hi all,
I hope we are all well.
I currently have a twitch in a muscle just above the corner of my mouth. Its pulling my lip up that side and I look so dodgey! Anyone else get this? I have had a few busy shifts at work so could just be stress. Been there for a couple of days now.
Hugs to all.
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Re: Twitching facial muscles

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:18 pm

hi, jemma, i get twitches and what i call fizzing they happen in difrent places,

its either a twitch like you said you can see but the fizzing is like its deep inside and you cant see anything,

i believe its all conected to fm,

hope it stops soon,

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:17 pm

Twitches are quite a regular thing that we tend to experience Jem. For some they can become more apparent during times when they are particularly exhausted and/or stressed.

There can be other causes tho, so I guess you know what the next step is that I'll suggest if they carry on, get worse, or just give you any cause for concern......................................... :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :police: :police:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby cocobella » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:37 pm

Hi Jemma,

I get a lot of twitching, mainly around my eyes and mouth too. It was much worse when I was on Gabapentin and my face would sometimes go into full blown spasms (in work, how convenient). I am now on Pregabalin and my twitches are much less. I tend to get twitches in my limbs too and 'crawly' feelings lol. If you are feeling stressed or have been really busy then the twitches can definitely be related to that, and also twitches seem to be common in us fibro sufferers. I find the best thing to do when I get a twitch is press it really hard or go to the toilet if you are in a public place and you think it is noticeable. Most of the time they actually aren't that noticeable but we feel they are due to the sensation.
cocobella
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia