It's my birthday weekend....

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

It's my birthday weekend....

Postby Charlie28 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:17 am

...and all I want to do is sleep!!

Really not liking this summer flare up.

Keep trying to cut down my sertraline (from 150mg to 50mg and I'm currently down to 100mg) but seems to affect my mood too badly and then my physical symptoms start up.

I just want to moan to someone who understands. I get sympathy from friends but this time around they really don't understand because I have been so well - so "normal" lately!

Grrrrrrr

Charlie
Charlie28
UKFM Member

Re: It's my birthday weekend....

Postby loopylindy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:32 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLIE :birthday1: Yes. friends & even family don't truly understand just what you are going through. Maybe not the right time to cut meds down? Hope you can summon up a little bit of energy to do something to celebrate your Birthday though! (((gentle hugs))) x
loopylindy
UKFM Newbie

Postby momsy05 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:38 am

First of all may I wish you a very happy birthday :wine:

Just wanted to say I know and understand where you are coming from :crazy: .My daughter wanted to take me out for lunch on my birthday and really didn't have the energy or inclination to go, all I could think of was the pain of sitting on a hard wooden chair.People really don't understand that at times the pain takes over and unfortunately stops us from doing and having pleasure in so much. :face-slap:

I am supposed to be going to a birthday party tonight, but again having a really bad flare up and don't feel up to going. Because people cant see our pain they find it hard to understand just how bloody rotten we feel.

Whatever you decide to do take it easy and hopefully have good day :-D
momsy05
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:41 am

Hi

Hope you have a lovely birthday :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :cake: :cake: [chocolate] :twodrinking2: :wine: its so hard to enjoy anything when you feel so rough and its even harder when people dont understand how you feel. Have a lovely birthday and enjoy what you can!!!

Milly :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :flowers: :flowers:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby Charlie28 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:41 am

Aw thanks guys - made me smile with tears in my eyes.

Week and a half ago was sports day for the kids (10 and 7) and all the mums who are good friends met up for lunch in between the morning and afternoon races. I sat on a wooden chair and was really struggling throughout. I'm my own worst enemy because if I'm honest with myself, I still like to think that this fibro thing is just a hiccup and it will pass.... I feel embarrassed that at 31/32 (haha) I cant even sit for 1 1/2 hours at a table with friends eating lunch without having to move positions. They all understand to a degree and are sweet about it, but I myself am not comfortable with it. I guess it'll take time but I tell you what - I'm impatient to feel at ease with just how crap I feel and letting everyone know so that it doesn't "dampen" the mood or make people run away. Half the time don't you find friends or family say "Well, I'll let you go now" and "Oh don't worry, we'll rearrange" - I want them to say "Lets sit in then and i'll wait on you hand and foot" (well not quite THAT, but you know what I mean) because otherwise, I'm sulking and they're "living".

I think I've just got to the bottom of why I still push myself when I'm feeling like this. I don't want to be stuck in like a sickly person whilst everyone I know and love is out living life.

All about the pacing yes... I know...

By the way - I don't really need to moan this much as I am going on holiday to South France very soon and it's going to be amazing!!!

Charlie
Charlie28
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:56 pm

:birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: Charlie enjoy your weekend :twodrinking2: :twodrinking2: :twodrinking2: :twodrinking2: :twodrinking2: :twodrinking2: :twodrinking2: :twodrinking2: :twodrinking2: :twodrinking2: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine:

Enjoy the holiday too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby whoami » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:25 am

Happy Birthday....Enjoy your birthday and celebrate your life.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia