What is fibro fog exactly

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What is fibro fog exactly

Postby Faith12 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:19 pm

I do have problems with my memory and cognition, I do not attend to letters as well as I used to. But what is Fibro fog exactly? Is it different from one person to another?
Faith12
UKFM Member

Re: What is fibro fog exactly

Postby leewhyte » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:45 pm

Hi Faith12,

In one word horrendous.

For me it feels exactly like a fog in my head. I get confused (even with tasks I do regularly), my short term memory goes completely blank and my speech becomes slurred.

Hope this helps
leewhyte
UKFM Member

Postby poocarlin » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:02 pm

I can be halfway through a shower and forget what bits I've done......
poocarlin
UKFM Member

Postby chelle69 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:22 pm

It can be awful, I forget names of things that I use on a near daily basis......for ex. the word paypal and i have to get my partner to help me remember, Mid conversation I forget what I was saying, feels like I'm losing my mind sometimes
chelle69
UKFM Newbie

Postby mrspeahen » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:04 pm

This is my first post here. Just had major bowel and bladder surgery for the second time - and need more - that's another story! :yikes: Went out with my eldest and 2 granddaughters today for Coffee Church and couldn't even remember her closest friend's name, although I recognised her! Now do casual work at M & S, usually on till. If they move me to a different till I can't remember my job, which is why I had to give up my last job with St John's. Sometimes I think I must have something worse going on but blood tests have all come back 'satisfactory', whatever that is :!: :cry:
mrspeahen
UKFM Newbie

Postby PennyJ » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:55 pm

It's like walking through porridge in the morning,a feeling of deep depression and for me come lunch time it lifts and i can conquer the world..But since taking Co Q10 enzyme I don't get it so often and it is worth trying.
PennyJ
UKFM Member

Postby ElvisPresley » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:39 pm

I can make a cup of tea or coffee (usually tea these days as coffee makes me too hot for some reason!) and put it down beside or in front of me and completely forget it's there until it's stone cold!
ElvisPresley
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:56 pm

This linky might help explain things a little http://chronicfatigue.about.com/od/symp ... ainfog.htm

Maybe it's because of how long I've been dealing with things, but I try not to let it get to me as much as it used to as I know it's pretty much inevitable that I will be affected at some point or 2 thru the day. Just going with the flow of things means I don't seemed to be drained quite as much when it strikes.

As I still have my nortyness tho, when I'm able to do so, and I lose track of what I'm saying, I tend to throw in something completely random to say, the looks on some peoples faces are priceless when I do that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Tracie » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:07 am

It's awful I hate it not remembering things
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby Purpledot » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:43 am

I can identify with all of the above! :-x

It's horrible, and so frustrating. It's bad enough that I have no control over what is going on with my body most of the time, but the feeling that I am not even control of my brain at times is horrible, and sometimes quite scary. I try and cover things up by being very up-beat when I'm with people outside of the family, but that in itself is very draining.

At least we all understand each other on here! :-D
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:13 pm

Well for me this morning the fibro fog attacked but made me :lol: :lol: :lol:

I needed my whole bed turning round into another place and so off i went and huffed and puffed and took me ages to push / pull / move and was very :sleep: and hurty but finished it so went and collapsed on sofa... :crazy: :crazy:

Came back into my bedroom once i had recovered a little and.... :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :crazy: :crazy: i couldnt work out what was wrong :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :?: :?: :?: :?: and after a while scratching my head and wondering whats not right it finally come to me...

I had turned the bed round and round and put it back in same place :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: all that effort for nowt :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby frances A » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:22 pm

hello! when I've had a bad night & the day's not much better I try to bury myself in poetry- hope the folowing can raise asmile -it has before !

FIBRO FOG !
Woke up this morning with a ' cotton-wool' head, is it Sunday or Monday- can I stay here in bed ?
And then I remembered, it's Tuesday, and so, there's people to see and places to go !
So I get and stagger - the legs aren't too good, and nothing seems working in the way that it should.
I make toast and coffee, sit down on a chair, now, where AM I going ?- and what shall I wear ?
I really do hope that I'll get through day without muddling words in the things that I say,
and I don't get the shakes when I pick up my drink- I know it looks funny- but what must folks think ?
I hope I don't yawn too much during lunch- I don't sleep too well- but I've got a hunch
some people think I'm out every night, and that is the reason I don't look so bright !
I don't like to mention I hurt every day, they'll think I'm neurotic and soon drift away.
Why - even some doctors, when you say FMS, smile, give a sigh, and answer " oh yes".
But enough of my moaning- looking round I can see there are massess of people far worse off than me-
never mind - I'm alive, and tho' fibros no fun, I'll get up and press on, then I'll whisper ' I won !' :roll:
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made poem a bit easier to read.
frances A
UKFM Member

Postby BonnGayle » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:20 pm

I get the fog really bad some mornings like I cant quite wake up if I have to work I have some puzzles on my phone that often kick my brain into action a strong coffee or two helps too :lol:
Fibro,PCOS,Asthma,excema and Dyspraxia ( undiagnosed because it didnt exist then )
what does'nt kill us just makes us stronger!
BonnGayle
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:42 am

Frances...like your poem...Love the last two words.

I think I am so use to the fog it is now the norm, LOL The hardest is trying to get out what I am trying to say. I think the most annoying to others is the repeating of things.

My hubby say's....when I ask a question, write the question down

when I get an answer, write down the answer

when I go to open my mouth again, go look at the list and see if I just asked and got an answer..LOL!

My hearing has gone awful. At times I hear totally opposite to what I have been told. Yesterday for instance, hubby asked me something, three times in a row, the same thing, each time I heard something completely different to what he said.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Tracie » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:21 am

I have to write things down
Tracie
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia