Hand pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hand pain

Postby JemmaB88 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi all,

Question for you before I have to dash off to get ready for work (really don't want to be working right now but that is another issue), could the heat be causing my hands to be more painful than normal?

I hardly slept last night, partly due to heat and pain and partly due to the local shops alarm going off for 25 minutes at 3.30 this morning... the shop is directly opposite my house... I wasn't very happy. So I woke in agony as I was expecting. The heat has given me migraines on and off for the last week or so. But, the main problem is my hands. They are KILLING ME! I cannot even stand my wedding and engagement rings on. I have had to put them on a necklace. They don't look swollen or anything but they are so so painful.

Would the heat have something to do with it? If so, I will look at some kind of cooling cream for them. I am at a loss.

Jem.
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Re: Hand pain

Postby Flash » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:51 pm

I wouldn't know what to suggest, my hands have also been hurting like hell, it feels like my fingers have been broken at times. I thought it was down to my arthritis or hypermobility syndrome because my elbows and wrists have also been giving me jip. I keep rubbing them and am still trying to find the right way to relieve the pain so if you succeed before I do, let me know. :lol: :lol:
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:18 pm

Jemm.....when you are out look for...Arnica gel.....it is a natural product and works wonders

My surgeon suggested it when I broke down one day in her office. My knees and hands hurt terribly sometimes and I put the gel on and caan't get over how much it helps. It doesn't remove all the pain but makes it tolerable
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby JemmaB88 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:48 pm

I have used deep freeze this afternoon and it takes the edge off. I think I am just easing in to a bad patch. Got very odd pain in both armpits. Booked to see one of the good GPs on 29th. Going to ask about pain relief a I am worried about the amount of paracetamol I am currently having to take so I can work. Would rather take one strong one lol. I will have shares in panadol at this rate!
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:20 pm

The heat does seem to exacerbate swelling etc. sometimes I soak my hands in cold water which helps a bit, the weather seems to cause us problems regardless of what it is, cold also makes my hands swell so then its warm water :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: hope the deep freeze spray keeps working to ease things for you
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby tiny229 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:42 pm

Ask to go to see occupational health ....they fitted me with pressure gloves and they do give some relief ,,,,not nice though bless you and very painful .....take care x
tiny229
UKFM Member

Postby Helenkyates » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:04 am

I can very rarely get my wedding ring on. I had my husbands name tattooed on my ring finger instead! Defiantly going to try the arnica gel. I have stage 4 keinbocks disease in my right wrist and a massive scar on my left hand from when I cut my thumb off as a child and they stitched it back on so I suffer terribly with hand and nerve pain. Willing to try anything!
Helenkyates
UKFM Newbie

Postby LouLou » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:24 am

I am an avid Arnica gel user and as Whoami said, it doesn't take all the pain away but it does ease it considerably. I got a version with cooling extracts in it - it's all still natural as the cooling effect comes from grapefuit and it has worked wonders on my legs and wrists especially in this heat.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby cherryscone » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:38 pm

I too have seriously painful fingers especially during the night and in the morning. I didn't realise this was a fibro thing. I have cervical spondylitis and have been told by consultant that it can cause these problems also. I am aware that RA can also present in this manner with pain on waking. I am off to docs as normally it only lasts a short while then disappears, but it has been couple of months now. If I can have some info about painful fingers and fibro I would be grateful.
cherryscone
UKFM Newbie

Postby millymoodoo » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:55 am

whoami wrote:Jemm.....when you are out look for...Arnica gel.....it is a natural product and works wonders

My surgeon suggested it when I broke down one day in her office. My knees and hands hurt terribly sometimes and I put the gel on and caan't get over how much it helps. It doesn't remove all the pain but makes it tolerable

Hi
I use arnica gel and it is really fantastic!!! I get dreadful aching in my wrists and fingers which at times has had me crying but arnica gel gel always helps to relieve this, i use it everyday.

Milly :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia