Advice advice advice

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Advice advice advice

Postby PurpleRose » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Hi All, need some advice, everything is going wrong!! It doesn't help that I am feeling particularly low at the moment, but the problems I'm coming across are not helping matters (obviously) any way I was suppose to be getting a referral now 5weeks ago! But my doctors haven't done it, I only found this out two weeks ago as I rang them to find out how far it had got and check up and they told me I am suppose to go in for an appointment for the referral to take place?!? I was not made aware of this until I rang up to find out how my referral was going ever since then I have been ringing every day to try and get an appointment as they will not let me book one in advance. I'm so angry because as I am waiting and worrying about this referral it is affecting my entire life I already have to deal with the rubbish this fibro puts me through each and every day, so having this stress on top is becoming too much! As it is also affecting work and I already work in a fast paced high pressured stressful job it really isn't helping. My managers at work are also making tough inappropriate comments about me, which frustrates me as I work damn hard and yes I will have bad days more often than not or for anyone else for that matter, but the fact I have turned up to work shows my determination because what I do is by no stretch of the imagination easy, and I could quite easily just give up and say I can't cope with it any more. I'm so close to doing that but I can't let this defeat me I don't want it to rule my life I want it to fit round my life I know this may sound crazy but I'm still young I already avoid enough because of it I'm not going to let it take away my work aswell. The most annoying thin is all my managers know about it but its the same old story they can't see it so its not there and I have had a supervisor relate it to a gym injury which shows they are not listening to me because yes I understand others can be in pain but I want to scream at them "YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR PAIN IS FROM" I don't, its there I don't have to go to the gym to feel like I have lifted weights all I have to do is wake up in the morning.

I have so many frustrations as I don't know who to talk to as nobody understands, I know this is long and I'm so sorry but I don't know what to do I have tried explaining, tried talking but no one gets it. I don't want sympathy I want understanding. And i don't want to wait around for my doctors, I'm trying to get things done quickly as for my referrals but there's always something in the way stopping me.
I don't know if there is any advice any one can give me from this explanation but if there's anyone who can please help

:cry: :-? :crazy: :?: :!:

Xx
PurpleRose
UKFM Member

Re: Advice advice advice

Postby denys » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:21 am

Do you have to ring up at a certain time to get an appointment, at my docs the phones open at 8.30am, its really difficult some days to get through so we find its best to actually go there at around 8.20am and wait more or less guaranteed an appointment.

If you are being undermined by unfair discriminatory comments even by your managers, you need to go to HR and put in a complaint. I hope you get the referral quickly and you find it helps.

As for work, you are there and carrying out your role and as FM is recognised as a disability then you are entitled to reasonable adjustments to be made to help you, so look into it and see if there is anything at all that can be done :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:08 pm

can u get your bosses in the office for a meeting. its what i had to do i took in a letter from the dr as well. also id print some stuff off from here and give them a cope each.tell them its not your bone s its ligaments and as your whole body has them u bloody hurt.ask them if they have ever pulled one and then say try waking up everyday like that all over .if they still dont want to no or cant grip it in there silly heads u tell them u want to go higher over there heads as the pressure there giving u buy not understanding is making it worse. if u can get your ass in work when u feel like c..p then they at lest can surport you for trying to bloody hard.then maybe once u talk to someone with sence maybe see if u can take some time off .also can u change drs theres many many out there who will help u.u no having a week off isnt a bad thing seems to me u need to relax xxxxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby PurpleRose » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi guys, thank you for your replies I finally managed to get an appointment after 2weeks of trying, as like you Denys I have to ring up at 8am to get it. I have thought about changing drs but because I have changed before and there are so many things that went wrong I am reluctant to do it to be honest.

Most of my managers are understanding but a lot of the time it's when it suits them, others do not even understand or want to attempt to, I am in contact with the HR manager and the office administrator which they are very helpful, but if the office admin is not around and they is not a supervisor or manager on that can understand the symptoms I go through every day, that's when I get the horrible comments and notes written on me.

I think it will be helpful to print something out for the office to look at as many of my co-workers cannot understand what I go through either, in some respects I am lucky as I do have people who will take this into consideration but when its the few who don't I find it very stressful and very hard.
I think I do need to relax as you said pain princess but sadly I find it very hard to even in my sleep I seem to stress about things :-/

It does help to come on here and just blurt things out am feeling a lot better after that and spent a nice chilled weekend at my mums so feeling happier at the moment. But really thank you for your replies and I will take on your advice and as for your explanation of pulling a ligament pain princess that's a very good way to describe it, so will use it as I do find it very hard to express what I feel.

Thanks again guys xx :lol:
PurpleRose
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:55 am

glad your feeling better for a nice weekend ,as regards ligaments the dr told me it is them .thats why sometimes ppl think fibro maybe RA as its seems to come from the joints.sadly its a very old disease i use that word as im not sure what else to call it lol anyway its as old as time but very new to the drs so we got a way to go before its as well known and looked after as RA . :crazy:
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia