buzzing calves & feet?!?!?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

buzzing calves & feet?!?!?

Postby ouchiemama » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:03 pm

Ahhhh man alive my feet and calves are driving me insane - buzzing, electrical kind of pains along with my feet feeling like im walking across stones wearing no shoes just when im sitting down!! Its the thing bothering me the most just now!! Arghhh its such horrible pain!! :cry:

Anyone else?? & anything that helps??

I was at my monthly doc check up today & he wants me to try again on lyrica as he says it should help these types of pain...I tried it for a few days but wasnt keen as they gave me the munchies & i was going on hols so was scared of piling on more pounds!! (bit vain i know) said i would maybe try them again after hols.

Already taking sertraline 100g, amitriptyline 50g at night, solpadol 2 four times a day & ibprofen 400g 3 times a day.

Thank you in advance lovely people.xxx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Re: buzzing calves & feet?!?!?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:27 pm

What you've described is something a lot of us experience at some point or other and in varying intensities, it all seems to be part of FM unfortunately :( :( :( When I get it, I find that rubbing/massaging my legs and feet can help ease things to a degree. It doesn't take it away completely, but makes it a bit more bearable, esp if I use something like a body butter/moisturiser at the same time.

Lyrica/Pregabalin needs time to get into your system, so the few days you were on it probably won't have been long enough for you know if it would make a difference to you. It usually needs about a month before you will have an idea if it is benefiting you, altho others have said it was 3~4 months before they could feel it was helping them. The dosage also needs to be built up to a suitable level over a suitable period of time, which again usually takes longer than a few days.

The munchies you experienced when you tried them may have just been a side effect and once you started getting used to having the med in your system, they may well have eased off.

It may well be worth considering giving them another go, for a more suitable period of time to see if they can help with things as any improvement in symptoms is always welcome.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby chelle69 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:14 pm

Oh the legs and feet are my main issue.... legs feel like they have clamps/grips around the calves and shins, feet burning. Couple nights ago gone midnight I was kneeling in a small amount of freezing cold water in bath just enough to cover the legs just to get relief trouble is its only short term relief, I have to sleep with fan on my legs and feet all night. I have fluid in the legs too so that not helping.
A trip to docs next week I think for a big review and meds sort out. But my doc don't seem sympathetic to fibro not that us fibro's need sympathy but supportive would be nice
chelle69
UKFM Newbie

Postby kazza65 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:39 pm

Funny u should mention fluid build up i think i'm getting something like this because after a few minutes of wearing my pumps and "mens trainer socks" so they are massive on my feet i feel like i'm gunna after cut the socks of my feet/legs because they have swollen up.

like the orginal post my legs are buzzing on a night as if you walked the london marthon i have to sit up and massage them my feet feel like there burning so i have a hot water bottle full of cold water and i sit on the edge of the bed with my feet on the bottle and massaging the my legs. I have fallen asleep in the position due to water been hot the quilt had be piled up in the middle of the bed.

i take pregablin 200mg 3day only thinkg i have noticed with these is that i'm thirsty, MST Continus 15mg 2xday 30mg at night been ok amtriplyne 40mg at night but it not helping with sleep at the moment, also i have Oramorph as a back up drug for excessive pain which i have used these last few days.

hope this helps and sorry its a bit long but wanted to kill 2 birds with stone....
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby BonnGayle » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:34 pm

I get the buzzing and mine deffo is water build up my feet swell up every summer but this summer it seems extra bad ..Im sleeping with them propped up and taking some herbal things that are a mild diuretic to keep them down till the weather cools down
Fibro,PCOS,Asthma,excema and Dyspraxia ( undiagnosed because it didnt exist then )
what does'nt kill us just makes us stronger!
BonnGayle
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia