Hypoglycemia and FM?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hypoglycemia and FM?

Postby animeemo3 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:21 am

just wondering, is hypoglycemia part of fm? i'm getting really intense low glycemic symptoms a lot lately and i'm not sure if its part of fm. all the usual, sick, shaky, light headed, hunger, and its getting unbearable. went to the doc's a while ago and had diabetes test, negative. i know diabetes is the other end of hypoglycemia, but thats all they tested for. only way i can get rid of these symptoms is to eat something quick, which gets rid of it, but makes me choke because i cant swallow it, making me feel sick again :cry: darn it!

also, finally got my appointment to find out what the lumps on my feet are today, so all shall be revealed!
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Re: Hypoglycemia and FM?

Postby Helenkyates » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:00 am

Hi ya, I am type 1 diabetic, my husband is not and doesn't have fibro and he has been getting lows lately. The heat effects my levels and his without a doubt. When you sweat your body is using extra energy and sugar. Ive found that the best thing is complex carbs so brown bread instead of white and whole grains like shredded wheat which releases energy over a longer period of time and helps to avoid peaks and dips in blood sugar levels. When my fibro flares up badly I find it actually puts my sugars up, but its such a personal disease. It seems to effect people so differently. I hope you get some answers. Good luck x
Helenkyates
UKFM Newbie

Postby animeemo3 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:07 am

that's really good advice, and it makes sense to me, its been really hot lately and i've been sweating a whole lot more than usual, so i think that's the reason! thanks!
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:12 am

I'm type 2 and a flare raises mine too as does any form of sickness, colds anything but the heat definitely drops them
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia