Is this normal for Fibro?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Is this normal for Fibro?

Postby calipsopink » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:48 pm

hi ya

i am so shocked to hear this could be related cause i used to pass out fit and be sick from around 7 yrs old i have only recently learnt i have this problem i am hoping they can start helping us properly soon i also find that i loose concentration very easy and get confused apart from all the pains i get its on top of the tiredness and constant aches which stops day to day normal stuff getting done which is depressing along side that i get hot flushes and burning eyes and a lot of head aches if ur doc helps u please let me know cause my doc looks at me as if i am some sorta hypochondriac or some thing but this is real im always in pain im only 33 and feel 70
calipsopink
UKFM Newbie

Postby traceygl » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:40 pm

Yes I am constantly dizzy I too fell down the stairs fracturing my wrist in several places and have now got a titanium plate holding it together
traceygl
UKFM Newbie

Postby dolphintara » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:47 pm

hi calipsopink
sorry to hear I have just been to hospital today they are more worried about my legs , he thinks I have compartment syndrome , I will have to have operation on both legs if xray comes back , I suffer from pains in my legs and burning feeling walking is bad and stairs are a night mare for me pain killers do not touch it , I am only 39 yrs old and ready to collect my bus pass lol ,

hope you get sorted you just need to keep on
dolphintara
UKFM Member

Postby Wackers34 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:35 pm

i get that crackling also - sometimes without moving...its so weird and annoying!

I wonder if the ligheadedness / dizziness is more related to ME than Fibro? I get this also and am under investigation at moment for ME/CFS.

Fluffypuppy - I know you have CFS also (i think youve mentioned it before) and that you have children - how do you cope with the chronic fatigue and looking after your children? Its so hard at times :o(
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:16 pm

I do have the CFS card in my collection Wackers, it was only dx'd last year tho, and as offspring is a teenager, coping with it was a lot easier than it could have been if he was younger.

When FM started appearing tho, he was a toddler, so we had to find ways to mange things then.

What we would do was set ourselves up somewhere comfy, such as the sofa, and make that our base. He would bring some things for us to do, we'd start with something fairly involved. Then when his attention started to wander along with mine, as well as me starting to find it difficult, we'd swap to something a little less involved as well as having breaks, so it meant he was getting some decent times with me that were more manageable as well.

I know having just the one has made things somewhat easier than others find it, but even with 2 or more, as well as time all together, things can be worked to give them individual time with you as well.

When all else fails, hug your Teddy xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Wackers34 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:08 pm

thanks Fluffy Puppy...

Are you ever able to get off the sofa? Do you ever have some good days / did have some good days where you could take your little one out?

Ive only had this 7 months now, in the beginning I could take them out sometimes on my own, now everything seems beyond me..I can still drive around, but do have to lay down everyday..

Was in bed 13 hours last night and only slept about 4 - still feel exhausted :o(
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:58 pm

I am able to get off the sofa Wackers, in fact, I'm up and about every day. Some days will involve more up and aboutness than others, but there are some things that I have to do no matter how bad I may be as OH works shifts, and there are some things that would definitely go wrong if :alien: :alien: teenager were to do them :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

My pain and symptoms are present all the time, with no decreasing in intensity, so I don't have good days as such. Even being like this tho, we are still able to go out and do things. The difference tho is that we don't tend to do things on impulse any more. Instead we plan when we will be going out which means I have time to prepare myself as best as I can to be in the best state possible for when we go. In the days leading up to the outing, I'll ease back on the amount of things I do as well as increase meds dosages where possible to try and minimise the impact of the trip.

I don't drive any more, my licence was revoked in November 2000, so when we do go somewhere, it is always when OH isn't working as he has no choice but to be chauffeur/designated driver. Plus due to anxiety, going out alone is all but impossible. The closest I get to going out unaccompanied in when I'm on :dogrun1: duties, but the number of times that happens each week is fairly low, and as we tend to go out at the same sort of time, there's a good chance we will meet up with friends we have made thru :dogrun1: so I'm not really on my own, esp with DeeDee, even when off lead she stays close to me as she just seems to "know" what I can cope with.

Sleep wise, I think I managed 3 hours max last night, not help by being woken up at 5.00am by DeeDee wuffing, poor furbaby had got a squitty bumbum, but she somehow managed to hand on until I got down to her and got the door unlocked and open for her :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia